1. A certain city is served by subway lines A, B, and C and numbers 1, 2, and 3 When it snows, morning service on B is delayed When it rains or snows, service on A, 2 and 3 are delayed both in the morning and afternoon. When temperature falls below 30 degrees Fahrenheit afternoon service is cancelled in either the A line or the 3 line, but not both. When the temperature rises over 90 degrees Fahrenheit, the afternoon service is cancelled in either the line C or the 3 line but not both. When the service on the A line is delayed or cancelled, service on the C line which connects the A line, is delayed. When service on the 3 lines is cancelled, service on the B line. Which connects the 3 lines is delayed.
On Jan 10th, with the temperature at 15 degrees Fahrenheit, it snows all day. On how many lines will service be affected, including both morning and afternoon?
Ratio of amt invested by A & B=3:2
Ratio of amt invested by B & C=4:3
Thus, Ratio of amt invested by 3 of them=A:B:C=3:2:1.5
Profit got to A more than B=(3/6.5)-(2/6.5)=(1/6.5)=2/13
Profit got to A more than C=(3/6.5)-(1.5/6.5)=(1.5/6.5)=3/13.
16 ways (G or W) (G or W) (G or W) (G or W)
Ans : ratio of savings of C and D is 12:19
It is not given that all ridiculous men are great men. so ans is NOT CLEAR.
Hi allThe answers are:Grazed area = pi*14*14/4 = 154.93 sq-mtsNon-grazed area = 15*15 - 154.93 = 71.06 sq-mts
In computer related it`s can be " Information Technology "
In English its & it`s may be same
The answer is 20.
The series follows in this fashsion:
6 = (5 * 1) + (1^3)
20 = (6 * 2) + (2^3)
87 = (20 * 3) + (3^3)
412 = (87 * 4) + (4^3)
2185 = (412 * 5) + (5^3)
The answer is FALSE since normal children are active but that doesnot mean all children are normal.
Answer: A) true
Becoz, Man eats Cow and Cow eats Grass. that why we can say that man indirectly eats Grass.
1hr = 3600sec
for 6 sec it flashes 1 time, so
for 1hr (3600/6)=600
add the 1st flash also
because Ingenious means skillful or clever (or) having cunning behaviour.
Ingenuous means being frank and straight forward. does not have any cunning behavour.
ans : x = 2
(2x-1)*(2x-3)*(2x-5)*(2x-7) = 9
(2*2-1)*(2*2-3)*(2*2-5)*(2*2-7) = 9
contradictory,since client can work with you but customer doesnt work with you
0.0333$ is saved in one day.
If ActiveCell.Comment.Text = "" Then
If Not ActiveCell.Comment.Text = "" Then
Active Cell has a Comment
17. Suppose there is 3 buckets of fruits in 1st bucket there is apple in 2nd there is oranges and in 3rd mixed fruits is there and all 3 buckets has been labeled incorrectly you have to labeled them correctly by taking one fruit from any of the basket. what will be your approach to solve this?
Take out a fruit from bucket 2, if that is an orange then go to bucket 1 if that is an apple then go to bucket 3 and if that also gives you an apple then the point to note here is the labeling which is incorrect on all the buckets is the key to figure out right fruits there in each of the buckets. If the label on bucket 2 says "Mixed" then that is incorrect and it needs a label as "Oranges". Check the label on bucket 1, if that says "Apple" then that is "Mixed" and indeed bucket 3 would be "Apples" which would have the label as "Orange".
18. Consider there are 10 soldiers on the one side of the river. They need to go to the over side of the river. There is no bridge in the river and no one can swim in the river. One of the soldiers spots the boat with two boys inside. The boat is very small and the boys in the boats also very small. The boat can either hold two boys or one soldier. Now tell me how can all soldiers go to the other side of the river using this boat?
Both boys cross; one returns; the first soldier crosses; the second boy returns; both boys cross; one returns; the second soldier crosses; the second boy returns; both boys cross; one returns; the third soldier crosses n so on :-)
False, roosters dont lay eggs.
37 - 3 = 34
( (mon + tue + wed) / 3 ) - 3 = (tue+wed+thu)/3
( mon + tue + wed -9) / 3 = (tue + wed+ thu) /3
( mon + tue + wed - 9) = (tue + wed + thu )
mon - 9 = thu
(since thu = (4/5) mon )
(5 * thu)/4 - 9 = Thu
Thu = 36
ans: 1/18 (bcoz it comes 0.062 remain vll come 0.25,0.33,0.16)
answer is =(600*1/2)*10=3000
who wrote dis
does he ever went to school or should i come 2 teach him
speed = distance/time that's the formula
it's not distance = distance * time (u fool)
24. A man is going to a wedding party. He travels for 2hrs when he gets a puncture. Changing lyres takes 10mins. The rest of the journey he travels at 30 miles/hr. He reaches 30mins behind schedule. He thinks to himself that if the puncture had occurred 30miles later, he would have been only 15mins late. Find the total distance traveled by the man?
ans: 0.33 Decresing order(81,1,0.99,0.33)
Are you referring to the Cake Cutting problem with 3 people and 2 cuts?
The problem is one of Even-Fairness, how do you divide a cake among 3 people so that each person gets an even amount with only 2 cuts.
The problem is solved via 1 Referee, and 4 Knives.
The Referee holds his Knife and slowly, going from left to right across the cake, draws it to a position for the 1st cut.
The 3 people each have a Knife as well, and position their knife in a position that they think will half the portion of the cake to the right of the Referee's knife.
The first person to call cut, receives that portion of the cake to the left of the Referee's knife, and is removed from the group.
Of the remain 2 people, the person who's knife is farthest to the right of the Referee's knife cuts the remaining portion of the cake and receives the cut portion to the right of their cut. The other person receives the portion to the left of the cut.
since sum of absolute deviation taken about median is minimum ie median of -5,2,6,10 is 4. Putting x=4 in the fn, ull get 19 as the ans
28. Three members went to a shop and took 3 kerchiefs each costs 10 rs so total price is rs 30 after they went off the owner of the sop realizes that he know the 3 members so he gives the worker 5rs and tells to return them back he gives them rs5 then they gives 2rs tip to him and remaining 3rs they share re1 each so that each gave rs9 to shopkeeper 9*3=27+2rs tip=29 where is the remaining 1rupee?
Each person has contributed 9 Rupees which includes the tips.
9*3 = 25 to shopkeeper + 2 for tips. So question itself is not correct
29. What is the minimum number of loaves of bread required to identify a single slow eating rat among a pack of 12 rats, given that the other rats are trained to eat at the same rate and the bread loaves to be used are identical
last month of year is December
the digit count of the sequence isof the form..... (ie)1+5=6 3+0=3 2+8=1 etc.
6 3 1 7 2 7 1 .....so the remaining two nos. should have the count 3 and 6 respectively.....
moreover the flow of the sequence is "the second no. is greater than first and all other are less upto the no. with count 2(i.e) middle no.
and the no. next to middle no. (i.e)34 is greater than 20...
so all others should be less than 34....
on keeping all these in mind... v ll have 21 : 2+1=3
15 : 1+5=6
so the sequence is 15 30 28 25 20 34 28 21 15
no relation coz canvas means a cloth used for painting while canvass means to ask for vote
Answer:present age is 12 years
hence after 4 years girls age will be 12+4=16 years
spring because autumn is warm where as spring is season of blossoms
36. Suppose If there are 30 cans out of them one is poisoned if a person tastes very little he will die within 14 hours so if there are mice to test and 24 hours to test, how many mice are required to find the poisoned can?
Pick 5 mice
Assign binary codes to 30 cans. you need 5 bits to represent all 30. Pick 5 mice to represent each bit. Have a mice taste all the cans for which the corresponding bit is one. After 14 hours, some will die and some wont. Set 1 for the former and 0 for the latter. The corresponding bit representation is the poisoned can.
2 equilateral triangles with adj hyp will form a square. no other combination of triangles works for the fornation of a square.
Answer is 3125 Actual Price = 2500*(100/(100-20))
since A and B are of same age and B is younger to C so A is also younger to C.
A completed work in 100 days before and A is 6 times faster than B..
let total days to work is n.
A=(n-100) days taken to complete the work;
where as B=n days ;
=> 5X+X=48 =>6X=48 =>X=8
after 2years sisters's age=14years.
average speed=total distance/total time
so answer is 20+15(total dist)/(1/3+1/2)total time in hrs=
correct answer is 0.0625
because when 1 divide by 2 then we get 0.5 and further divide by 2 then we
get 0.25 and so on
2L=1O => 1L=5
THEN,1 1/2 DOZEN=18L
let no. of fish x catches=p
no. caught by y =r
7 fish caught by x
1min=60sec, so 1min 27 secs is=60+27=87
then 1 month=30days
now, 30days=87secs late
1day = ? x
x = (87*1)/30=2.9 secs
Ans: 2.9 secs per day it will be late.
The next number is 1/16.
Becoz The diff b'ween 1/2 and 1/4 is "+2"
and next 1/4 and 1/8 is "+4"
means 1 1/2 (+2) 1/4 (+4) 1/8 (+8) 1/16
no relation (one is believed other is about to believe)
answer is release
54. A Father, son and grandson are walking in the park. A man approaches them and asks for their age. The Father replies, "My son is as many weeks as my grandson is in days, and my grandson is as many months old as I am in years. We are all 100 years together.
The detail solution to this question is like this.
Let's Say father's age in year is Y yr. Son's age in weeks is x week, which if converted to year is 7x/365yr. Now as per the question,
The Father replies, "My son is as many weeks as my grandson is in days
so grandson's age in days is X days.,which if converted to year is x/365 yr.
So 1st equation: y+7x/365+x/365 = 100....................(1)
Father says My grandson is as many months old as I am in years.
means, grandson is y months old,b'coz father is y yrs old.So equating grandson's age in days(x days) from above statement with his age in months (y month),both converted in years, gives us
x/365 = y/12.......................(2)
solving these two equations gives y=60 in years,that is father' age.grandson is as many months old as father is in years.So grandson's age is 60 months,i.e 5yrs,which converted to days is 1825 days.As son's age is as many weeks as grandson's age is in days.So son's age is 1825 weeks,that is converted in yrs is 1825*7/365=35yrs.
ans is november bcoz jan,wed,feb r ends with ' y' whereas nov ends with ' r '
Please share your answers.
80 squares have atleast 2 of their sides painted
58. A camel must travel 15 miles in order to reach the nearest city. She have 45 bananas with her but can carry only 15 at a time. Also she eat 1 banana /mile. Then the maximum no of bananas that can be transported to the city?
6 Bananas can be transported to the city.
The camel carries 15 bananas for a kilometer and comes back (15 bananas becomes 13). It carries the second set of 15 bananas for a kilometer and comes back (15 bananas becomes 13). It carries the third set of 15 bananas for a kilometer (15 bananas becomes 14). Now we have 40 bananas which has to be carried for 14 kilometers.
At the end of the second kilometer the total number of bananas becomes 35.
At the end of the third kilometer the total number of bananas becomes 30.
At the end of the fourth kilometer the total number of bananas becomes 25.
At the end of the fifth kilometer the total number of bananas becomes 20.
At the end of the Sixth kilometer the total number of bananas becomes 15.
The camel carries the remaining 15 bananas for the last 9 more kilometers; and by the time it reaches its destination, it has consumed 9 bananas -- The remaining is 6 Bananas