D. pick tool
B. Ctrl + F11
A. 2.0 by 1.5
8. When light color texts are placed on a light color background, it needs the following application.
A. Transparency applied to the text
B. Transparency applied to the background
C. a dull outline applied to the text
D. all of the above.
C. a dull outline applied to the text
C. for book design
B. shape tool
In Photoshop CS2 and above, it has a special layer known as Smart Object Layer. Smart objects give freedom to work with multiple copies of a single object. All the multiple copies will be updated simultaneously when single object is updated. Also, changes in the adjustment of layers and layer styles of a single object can be done without affecting the multiple copies. Without any loss in pixel, pixel based objects can be changed several times.
Healing tool is used in Photoshop to hide the unwanted spots or pictures that appeared in your original picture and makes picture look like real without any changes. The tool use complicated algorithm to calculate what would be the area of your picture based on the surrounding pixels.
To create a transparent image you need to follows three steps:
☛ First go to 'Select' option and select the background, and then click on 'Inverse'. This will select your main picture.
☛ Open a new file, select option ' Transparent' under content, and you will have a file with transparent background.
☛ Copy your main picture and paste it to new file you created.
To make 3D sphere, select blur from filter menu and click on radial blur. Select spin option in the blur method section, you can increase or decrease the amount of spin by dragging the slider.
Clone tool uses the current brush to repair the problem areas in photos and pictures, by painting over them with pixel data from other areas.
Red eye tool is a type of a repairing tool. When you circle any problematic area with red eye tool, the Photoshop will automatically identity that area and will replace it by dark-gray pixels.
It is a mathematically defined curve used in two-dimensional graphic applications. It is defined by four points, the initial position, two middle point positions and a terminating position.
You can use Auto-blend layers command to combine images. Auto-blend layers uses layer masks as needed to mask-out over underexposed areas.
To fix the blurry images in Photoshop you can use sharpening tools. Sharpening the image will lose the pixels, make sure you are finished with everything else and saved the changes before you start sharpening the image.
A layers shows a picture or image. To organize layers in Photoshop, place various images in separate layers. Lock the unused layers and unlock the layers which are in use. When two or more layers need to be changed, unlock the layers.
To unlock the background image, first click on the picture or image and then select MODE option. After that, select the option GRAY SCALE and revert to LAYER. When you double click on the surface, the surface will be unlocked.
To sample the color as foreground color, we use the eye-dropper tool. Select the foreground color square, use the paint bucket tool or brush tool for covering the area. You can also use Clone Stamp Tool. Now use the key Alt+ and click where you want the color from and hold down the mouse button to cover up the area.
With lasso tools precise area of an image can be selected, just by tracing the selection outlines the areas are selected.
☛ Simple Lasso Tool
☛ Polygonal Lasso Tool
☛ Magnetic Lasso Tool
Gaussian blur is a tool that blurs the edges of the image to make it more real and adaptive to the surrounding. Often it is believed that Gaussian blur can only blurs the image, but if it is used cleverly it will not blurs the image but enhance the appearance.
To create an artistic border, you must select an image. After that, add a layer mask in a layer pallet then select filter-> brush strokes-> sprayed strokes.
Reduce noise option is helpful to reduce the color and luminance effect in the image. To reduce the noise in an image, you have to go in a menu bar, select a filter menu, and in that you will see an option for NOISE. Again, clicking on it, it will show other option including reducing noise.
Yes, you can use bamboo tablet in Photoshop. After installing the bamboo tablet software, open the software. Once done, the next step is to configure the four hotkeys of Bamboo tablet with the help of the software available in tablet. Create a new document and open the Photoshop, you can now have Photoshop with a bamboo tablet.
Both are file formats to store digital images. There is very less difference between PSB and PSD, what they differ is how they are stored and used. PSD is a default extension for Photoshop files and it can support the file size of 30,000 by 30,000 pixels. While for creating big documents or large image .psb file format is used, and it can save an image size upto 300,000 by 300,000 pixels.
To suit a particular purpose of the application re-sizing of the images is done.
The parameters to change the size of image are:
☛ Type of image or picture
☛ Size of pixels
☛ Background resolution
☛ It's easier than ever to sync your mobile photos with Elements to free up memory on your phone and do fun transformations. Or sync your Elements photos with your mobile, so you can access any memory anywhere.
☛ Re-imagine black-and-white photos with new Guided Edits. Make a single color pop against a B&W background, create hybrids of color and B&W, and more.
☛ Photo remixes and mash-ups are easy - just pull something out of one photo, pop it into another, and the color and lighting blend for a realistic-looking scene.
☛ Get great crops for great compositions. Elements suggests four different options - you just pick your favorite.
☛ Put a cool twist on your Facebook page by blending your profile and cover photos.
Gradients are a great way to introduce eye-catching and flashy graphics in your pages.
To resize the image in Photoshop you have to go into menu bar, under menu bar you will find an option "Image Size". On clicking that option, it will open a dialog box, by which you can adjust the size of the image.
Photoshop provides two palettes for selecting color:
a) Swatch Palettes
b) Color Palettes.
Some specific colors can be used without remembering the numeric color values. Also, colors can be extracted from an available image. Default swatches and custom swatches are also an additional option for the users.
☛ What is Adobe Photoshop?
☛ Explain about the Photoshop Work Area?
☛ What is re-sizing images and size guide in Adobe Photoshop?
☛ How to crop an image in Photoshop?
☛ How do we print the grid in Adobe Photoshop?
☛ How to organize layers in Photoshop?
☛ What is a Smart Object in Adobe Photoshop?
☛ How to unlock the background? - Photoshop
☛ How to modify one image from one layer to another layer?
☛ How do you select an exact color to match?
☛ How to create an artistic border?
☛ How to achieve Black/White with Color Detail?
☛ How to Unlock Background?
☛ What is swatches palette?
☛ What is a heal tool?
☛ Explain about Lasso tools in Photoshop?
☛ How to install Mask Pro into Adobe Photoshop Element 7.0?
☛ How to Use the NEF Software with Photoshop?
☛ How to use Photoshop with a bamboo tablet?
☛ How to make 3D sphere with Photoshop spin software?
☛ What kind of tool Photoshop is?
☛Name few open source alternatives of Photoshop?
☛ What are the minimum system requirements to run Photoshop? Is it possible to run Photoshop over Linux?
☛ Compare Photoshop with gimp?
☛ List the features & capabilities of Photoshop?
☛ Name the color spaces supported by photoshop?
☛ Name all of the Photoshop panels?
☛ What do you understand by birds-eye-view?
☛ What is the significance of history panel?
☛ If you are given with an image which is blurred, which tools you would use in order to sharpen it up?
☛ How can you reduce noise of an image?
☛ What do you understand by red-eye removal?
☛ Is it possible to create animations through Photoshop?
☛ Mention the list of file formats supported by Photoshop?
☛ Name the brushes you have used in Photoshop?
☛ What is difference between Adobe's Photoshop & Adobe's Photoshop Extended?
☛ Which color models Photoshop uses?
☛ What is the extension of a Photoshop Document?
☛ What are the layers & masks in Photoshop?
☛ What is PSB & how it is different from PSD?
☛ What is a Photoshop plug-in? Name few of them.
☛ What are four main components of Photoshop work-space?
☛ How many menus will you find on the menu bar? List all of them.
☛ What is the shortcut to zoom back to 100%?
☛ How to find out the name of the too, if you do not know?
☛ What is default color for foreground & background in photoshop?
☛ How can you make an image transparent?
☛ Which tool you would prefer to use when you want to crop a human portrait from an image?
☛ How one can re-size an image in photoshop?
☛ How will you pick color from an image?
☛ What is a smart object?
☛ What is method of making a color gradient in photoshop?
☛ Which too(s) will you choose to slice up an image in Adobe Photoshop?
☛ How can you create artistic borders for an image?
☛ What is the quickest way to achieve artistic borders?
☛ Explain about stress analysis in Adobe Photoshop?
☛ How do we print grid in Photoshop?
☛ What are Bezier curves? How can they be plotted in the photoshop?
☛ Can you make gif animations using photoshop tool?
☛ How can we align layers of an image relative to each other?
☛ What all operations you can perform over a layer?
☛ What is a lasso tool? For what purposes it can be used?
☛ Name few cropping techniques that could be performed with photoshop?
☛ How can you adjust the zoom level of the canvas?
☛ How can one achieve dodging, burning & smudging effects in photoshop?
☛ What is a clone tools?
☛ What is a heal tool?
☛ What do you mean by Gaussian Blur?
☛ How can you draw fuzzy lines in photoshop? Which tool will you prefer to use?
☛ Name few file formats to which a photoshop project can exported to?
☛ Photoshop Elements is designed for everyday consumers who are just getting started with photo editing and want an easy way to organize, transform, create, and share their photos on their computers or while on the go, from their mobile devices.*
☛ Photoshop Light room addresses the workflow needs of professional and advanced amateur photographers, enabling them to import, process, organize, and showcase large volumes of digital photographs.
☛ Photoshop is the professional standard for creating compelling images, designs, 3D artwork, and videos.
☛ Want to bring out the best in their photos.
☛ Enjoy taking photos of family, friends, and activities in their lives.
☛ Need an easy way to organize and quickly find their photos.
☛ Want to get their mobile photos onto their computer.
☛ Want to have access to their Elements photos on the web and on their smartphone and tablet.
☛ Like to do things to their photos such as remove people or objects, move objects around, and just make them look better.
☛ Like to express themselves creatively through their photos.
☛ Want an easy way to share their photos with others.
☛ Want to create personal photo keepsakes.
Photoshop Elements is designed for consumer photo enthusiasts who want to organize, transform, create, and share their photo memories via their computer, the web, or their mobile devices. Premiere Elements is designed for consumer video enthusiasts who want to organize, edit, enhance, and share their video memories via their computer, the web, or their mobile devices. Both apps share a common Organizer for easy access to all photos and videos. They're sold separately or bundled together as Photoshop Elements & Premiere Elements.
People working on these areas as a aerospace engineers should have familiarity and exposure to NASTRAN and MATLAB with knowledge on space environment and modeling of flexible dynamics. These aerospace engineers will be responsible to conduct stress analysis on metallic and composite structures. NASTRAN, IDEAD, Oracle and PATRAN proficiency level is required. Their duties also include on aircraft which are metallic and composite structures. This includes and understanding of control surface stiffness and loop calculations, finite element modeling (FEM), fatigue testing requirement and analysis.
Photoshop Elements 13 lets you take your photos with you wherever you go. Make quick edits, add artistic touches like a pro, or transform your photos to show your vision. Express your creativity in beautiful photo books and cards. Access them on the go. And always find any photo, fast.
Magnetic Lasso tool.
Unprocessed, uncompressed grayscale image data.
From the 3D menu, choose New 3D postcard from Layer.
Previews the animation in another monitor.
It opens images in one PSD file as layers.
Film and Video > PAL D1/DV Widescreen.
Preserves the visual relation between source colors.
Well, I just got Adobe Photoshop CS4 Extended and I saw that there is no slice tool. I found that kind of strange. I mean, that is a HUGE tool. All master web designers use the slice tool to make their websites which is what I need it for. So could someone please tell me how I slice an image in Adobe Photoshop CS4 Extended? Thanks!
Photoshop CS2 introduces a new type of layer called a Smart Object layer. Smart Objects are a little like symbols in Illustrator. Smart objects can consist of pixel-based content or vector-based content, like an Illustrator drawing placed in a Photoshop document. With smart objects, you can make multiple copies of a single object and all copies will be updated when one of the copies is edited ? but you can still apply layer styles and adjustment layers to the individual smart objects without affecting all copies, which provides for a lot of flexibility. Pixel-based smart objects also remember their original size and can be transformed multiple times without loss.
On both the Photoshop CS works fine. But on Mac it seems to speed up faster. The startup is much faster than on windows but relative to the velocity of the CS2, it indeed is faster. So yes, photoshop cs3 is better at functioning on an intel mac rater than cs2, due to the faster startup .
For example you create a Ball in 1st layer and then in second layer you create the background. But you should lock all the layers and unlock the layer which u r working, because unlocked layers will be active always(active means, if u want to drag the ball, background layers also will be affected).
Cropping an image allows you to cut out any portion of the image you don't like and/or make an image smaller. This document contains the steps performed to crop an image in each of the major image editors. To the right is a visual example of a large image, such as a image scanned into the computer being cropped to a smaller image.
When working with images for a website, you will need to resize your images to suit your particular
purpose. Here is a basic guide that can help you decide on what is suitable. (The units used here are
pixels, which are standard units across all computer platforms. The conversion between pixels and
inches is roughly 1? = 72 pixels or 1cm = 28 pixels) To use this particular unit of measure you will
need to adjust you preference settings by selecting Edit > Preferences > Units and Rulers and
changing the units and rulers to measure in pixels.
Type of picture
Size in Pixels
1024 x 768
Standard personal picture of yourself for a
200 x 200
Title bar e.g. Google title bar on the
276 x 110
To resize a picture look on the menu bar and select Image > image size
Workshop Committee of Technology Assist By Students
Photoshop CS2 and above, it has a special layer known as Smart Object Layer. Smart objects give freedom to work with multiple copies of a single object. All the multiple copies will be updated simultaneously when single object is updated. Also, changes in the adjustment of layers and layer styles of a single object can be done without affecting the multiple copies. Without any loss in pixel, pixel based objects can be changed several times.
Gradients are a great way to introduce eye-catching and flashy graphics in your pages.
★ Place the non printing grid as per the need.
★ Capture the screen using Alt + PrintScreen.
★ Open a new file. Set the size as per the requirements.
★ Paste the selected image.
★ Crop away any unwanted part of the image.
★ Place a grid on the printable image.
★ Click on Print.
Cutting out of any portion of an image is known as cropping.
Any part of the image can be selected by cropping.
A preview of the cropped image is visible at the right side.
The process to crop is:
1) Select the part of the image.
2) Select the shape of cropping tool from the menu.
3) Hold shift key and drag to select the marquee to a square or a circle.
4) Hold a marquee from its center, hold down Alt after dragging.
5) Select Image-> Crop menu item.
At times images need to re-size to suit a particular purpose of the application.
★ The unit measurement of pixels is 1 cm = 28 pixels.
★ The units can be adjusted by using Edit -> Preferences->Units and Rulers.
The parameters to change the size of picture are:
★ Type of picture.
★ Size of Pixels
★ Background resolution
★ Standard picture usually of size 200 x 200
★ Title Bar
★ Select Image->image size menu item.
★ Photoshop work area consists of Application Bar, Tools Panel, Options Bar, Document Window and Panel Dock.
★ Application Bar:
It contains menu bar along with many controls to zoom, buttons for viewing extras.
★ Tools Panel:
It contains a set of tools for selecting, manipulating images.
★ Options Bar:
There are various options available.
★ Document Window:
It displays the current working file.
★ Panel Dock:
Panel dock has several panels to edit/modify the images. By default there are layer, adjustment and style panels.
★ Adobe Photoshop is an image editing software.
★ Photoshop allows to modify images using painting tools.
★ Images , logos can be created using Photoshop.
★ Picture / image editing is done with Photoshop.
★ It also supports text graphics, water marks, transparent images.
★ Adjustments to the images can be done like contrast and color balancing.
I've interviewed lots of prospective graphic designers - and I've learned a great deal about what to expect and what to look for in a graphic design interview. Here are some of the things which I find to be a complete turn off - some may seem obvious 'no-nos', but they happen again and again.
* Don't say that your grand plan is to learn as much as possible from your first job and then strike out on your own as a freelancer or to set up your own studio. Your ambition to steal your prospective boss's secrets and then set up in direct competition won't make you any friends.
* Don't appear desperate for the job - if you say that you've been to loads of interviews with no luck (and now you have to get a job or you don't know what you'll do) you won't get the job.
* Don't whisper - speak clearly. Don't fidget or look away while the interviewer is talking.
* Don't moan about how badly you were treated in your last job, or how much you hated your boss. If you do, your prospective employer may think you'll talk the same way about him or her behind their back!
* Don't produce vast amounts of irrelevant work from your college portfolio - just produce designs which would be at home in a commercial arena (adverts, stationery, brochures etc). My experience of college work has been mixed. Usually it comes over as somewhat (and I certainly don't mean to cause offence by saying this)... self-indulgent... and decidedly uncommercial. Many's the time that I would have got more out of seeing a couple of logo and stationery designs than I did out of looking through three years of abstract batik and photos of bicycles made of cheese.
* Don't give the impression that you're just there for the money. The employer won't care nearly as much about what you can get from the job as they will be concerned about what you can give. Employing a new graphic designer has to be a profitable decision. If your contribution is unprofitable, your job won't last long.
* Do your best to fill any gaps in your knowledge. You might not be aware that there are any gaps - after all, if you just finished a graphic design degree, surely you know everything you need to know to get started? Right? Wrong. You never stop learning. Years after starting my graphic design career, rarely a day goes by when I don't learn or teach myself something new. Diversification is key in graphic design.
Hopefully this site will have given you a good knowledge of what you need to know from a technical point of view before landing your first job. The information here is not advanced for today's graphic designer - it's essential basic training. If you know and understand everything here you should be able go into an interview confident, knowing that you are armed with everything you are likely to need to know to do a print-oriented graphic design job.
* Do take examples of relevant work along to the graphic design interview. If you have something that's been produced in the commercial arena, great. An interviewer is going to be interested in what sells, not what looks good on a wall. If you haven't got any work that you've produced as professional graphic designer, try to put together a portfolio of projects which you've given yourself to do. For example, design some new stationery for a fake company along with a brochure, advert and anything else you can think of. This shows that you're interested enough in getting a job that you're willing to put effort into proving why you should get it.
Alternatively you could practice recreating well-designed magazine spreads and show them at interview. This will demonstrate that you understand how all the elements of a project go together. Don't try to pass designs like this off as your own - tell the interviewer what you have done and why. You'll also show that you have an eye for good design (assuming you chose a good design to recreate!).
* Do look the interviewer in the eye, listen to their questions and answer them succinctly, speaking clearly and confidently. Only expand on your answer if it is relevant. Talk about other jobs you have had if you are asked directly about them, or if they are relevant.
* Do be enthusiastic, express a willingness to learn (after all, no one knows everything) and be passionate about your vocation - because that's what this job is - a vocation. Anyone who is half-hearted about doing something creative isn't going to produce anything very good. You must project the impression that you know that this is the route your career path will follow. If you give the impression that you're just dipping your toe in the water, why would anyone want to pay you for the privilege? Which leads me to...
1. When you arrive in the interview give us your business card. It should be well designed, memorable, simple and hopefully have a great idea. It should be unique and you should be branded.
2. Have 8-12 pieces of work in your folio. Put the best pieces at the front and back.
3. Have at least six questions ready to ask (if you have less, you'll find they will be answered in the course of the interview).
4. Take a pad and pen, take it out at the beginning of the interview. You don't have to take notes, but it looks as if you are organized.
5. Talk about your work before you show it, but don't talk too much. This should be one short sentence to engage the interviewer with you. We will be looking at you as you speak. Then show us your work.
6. Have samples and mock ups.
7. Bring sketches. We are as interested in how you got to the final solution as the solution itself. You can show other concepts.
8. Have a copy of your CV (resumé) at the back of the portfolio. Offer it even if we already have it.
9. On your CV don't tell people about exam results or part-time jobs that have nothing to do with your chosen career. It pisses us off.
10. Don't talk about holiday or money in a first interview.
11. Give a firm handshake.
12. Tell us you really want the job (believe it or not, hardly anyone does this).
13. Ask for our business card(s).
14. When you get back home, send an email thanking us for the interview.
15. Make sure your branding is consistent on your business card, CV and email signature.
16. One for luck: Remember, 80% of design students are crap. We see lots of CVs (95% of which are crap). If you can get into the top 20% you will get a job.
Name some of the famous companies that you idolize. Tell about some of the best creations they have given. Give reason of your liking. Also add that you see yourself in the same competition. Be precise and confident.
This question should be framed in a very intelligent manner. Answer in the way that suits your working style. Remember your answer should be reflected in your portfolio. All the three things are correlated and efficiency in one yields in the better initiation of the other.
A logo is the smallest entity that symbolizes a company. It is often treated as a marketing material. Designing a logo for a company demands great observation and creativity. A logo should be designed in such a way that a common man can easily relate it with the company. It should be memorable and eye catching. It should help in growing the company name into a brand. You can also cite examples of your work through your portfolio.
The question is genuine. In the field where you create something it often happens that your work does not get its deserving appreciation. This is due to the differing tastes of different persons. You can say that you take that criticism in a healthy manner. It offers you a challenge to do better. It enhances your experience and helps you to grow in your career field in a better manner.