1. Cost college Rs.0.70 a copy to produce a Program for the homecoming football game. If Rs.15,000/- was received for advertisements in the program, how many copies at Rs.0.50 a copy must be sold to make a profit of Rs.8000/-?
5. Tape manufacturer reduces price of his heavy duty tape from Rs.30/- to Rs.28/- a reel and price of a regular tape from Rs.24/- to Rs.23/- a reel. Computing center normally spends Rs.1440/- a month for tapes and 3/4 of this is for heavy duty tapes. How much will they save a month under the new prices?
6. Company figured it needed 37.8 sq.feet of carpet for its reception room. To allow for waste, it decided to order 20% more material than needed. Fractional parts of sq.feet cannot be ordered. At Rs.9/- a sq.feet, how much would carpet cost?
7. On given day, a bank had 16000 cheques returned by customers. Inspection of first 800 cheques indicated that 100 of those 800 had errors and were therefore the available immediately for data processing. On this basis, how many cheques would be available immediately for data processing on that day?
8. If salesman's average is a new order every other week, he will break office record of year. However, after 28 weeks, he is six orders behind schedule. In what proportion of the remaining weeks does he have to obtain a new order to break record?
9. Two computers each produced 48000 public utility bills in a day. One computer printed bills at rate of 9600 an hour and the other at the rate of 7800 an hour. When the first computer finished its run, how many bills did the other computer still have to print?