1. Cost college Rs.0.70 a copy to produce a Program for the homecoming football game. If Rs.15,000/- was received for advertisements in the program, how many copies at Rs.0.50 a copy must be sold to make a profit of Rs.8000/-?
5. Tape manufacturer reduces price of his heavy duty tape from Rs.30/- to Rs.28/- a reel and price of a regular tape from Rs.24/- to Rs.23/- a reel. Computing center normally spends Rs.1440/- a month for tapes and 3/4 of this is for heavy duty tapes. How much will they save a month under the new prices?
6. Company figured it needed 37.8 sq.feet of carpet for its reception room. To allow for waste, it decided to order 20% more material than needed. Fractional parts of sq.feet cannot be ordered. At Rs.9/- a sq.feet, how much would carpet cost?
7. On given day, a bank had 16000 cheques returned by customers. Inspection of first 800 cheques indicated that 100 of those 800 had errors and were therefore the available immediately for data processing. On this basis, how many cheques would be available immediately for data processing on that day?
8. If salesman's average is a new order every other week, he will break office record of year. However, after 28 weeks, he is six orders behind schedule. In what proportion of the remaining weeks does he have to obtain a new order to break record?
9. Two computers each produced 48000 public utility bills in a day. One computer printed bills at rate of 9600 an hour and the other at the rate of 7800 an hour. When the first computer finished its run, how many bills did the other computer still have to print?
10. Company rented machine for Rs.700/- a month. Five years later treasurer calculated that if the company had purchased the machine and paid Rs.100/- monthly maintenance charge, company would have saved Rs.2000/-. What was purchase price of machine?
14. If cost of four dozen proof machine ribbons and five dozen accounting machine ribbons was Rs.160/-. If one dozen accounting machine ribbons cost Rs.20/-, what is cost of a dozen proof machine ribbons?
15. If in Monday banker processed batch of cheques, on Tuesday she processed three times as many, and on Wednesday she processed 4000 cheques. In the three days, she processed 16000 cheques. How many did she process on Tuesday?
21. During in a week A programmer spends 1/4 of his time preparing flow chart, 3/8 of his time coding and the rest of the time in debugging the programs. If he works 48 hours during the week , how many hours did he spend debugging the program?
When answering this question it is very easy to state about a folder in two sentences but the interviewer expects you to speak for at-least for ten minutes. You can state about the different commands in various programming languages, how information gets stored in a folder, how to retrieve information from various folders, basics of folders such as opening and closing, software`s availability to personalize folders, etc.
Try to be honest and don't fool the interviewer or fake your image.
1) Why do you want to work with IBM and not any other company?
2) How many companies did you apply to?
3) Tell me about your family background?
4) How did your education back ground help you for a career in IT?
5) Explain about UNIX?
6) What is a folder and what are its various features?
When you are answering this question the interview expects you to answer him for at-least ten to fifteen minutes. If you have done project on that particular language then do explain to him about the various features of that language which you incorporated into your project. It is better to speak until he asks you to stop. Don't forget that he knows much more about that particular language than you do.
1) Gives an introduction about yourself (Tell me about your self)?
2) What makes us to hire you?
3) Explain about some important features of your project?
4) Why is it difficult for people to understand the basics of programming or software engineering?
5) Mention your weakness and strengths?
6) What are all the programming languages you know?
7) Tell me about your favorite programming language?
IBM focuses chiefly on the confidence level of the applicant. Whenever you are giving an answer to a particular question answer it with confidence and have clarity of thought. They ask you general questions but they observe you when you answer them.
It is very important to know about IBM and the features of your job position you can expect questions about IBM and responsibilities about your Job.
1) UNIX important commands, features, uses, advantages over other OS.
2) Sorting programs in an Operating system, stacking layers, OS layers, important distinction between different OS.
3) DBMS, RDBMS, etc this is really important. Pick as many questions as you can.
1) What is RDBMS, DBMS and what is the difference?
2) Explain about a main frame and its uses?
3) What are stored procedures?
4) Explain some ways through which a database can be exploited?
5) What is data ware housing and state some features and concepts?
6) How do you use Hyperion? etc
It is very important to answer correctly as many questions as you can.
35. Often the number of questions or allotment of marks for the written test does vary. In the written test you will have a total of 55 marks out of which 10 marks is awarded to English. The basic split up is as follows: -
1) English: -10 marks basic grammar related questions, synonyms, antonyms, prepositions, articles, questions on passages, comprehensive, etc.
2) Aptitude section: -Aptitude section consists of 25 marks and the general difficulty of the questions is also low. There will be 6 questions or soon venn diagrams, data sufficiency, normal match calculation, averages, percentages, etc.
3) General attention detail: - This section is very easy section and as the name applies you need to give detail on the question. General detail section consists of 10 marks.
4) Technical section: - Nothing to worry about this section
you will be asked on various basic fundamentals. You just need to prepare yourself on basics and fundamentals. This section carry`s 10 marks.
2) Technical interview.
3) HR round.