Safety programme can be defined as five methods by which accident can be prevent easily they are engineering, education, enforcement, enthusiasm and example safety programmes are plain spoken and carry out certain legal steps.
Any company has a social and legal obligation to provide a safe and health working environment to all his improvement to all his employees.
☛ Prepare tool box talk
☛ Prepare monthly statistics
☛ Prepare the checklist
☛ Accident reports
☛ Management meetings
☛ Arrange the safety classes/training
☛ Arrange monthly safety bulletin
☛ Inspection of fire extinguisher
☛ Arrange first aid training classes
☛ Arrange safety competitions like quiz, slogan, poster competitions exhibition etc.
☛ Injured persons name, address, designation age
☛ Exact place and types of hazards
☛ Date, shift, time
☛ To find out the causes/ reasons
☛ To take correction action
☛ Fact finding not fault finding
1. Taking care of workers and staff in the event of an accident
2. Providing health full environment and surrounding
4. Continuous vigil and improvement
Health, safety, welfare, hours of work, employment, person, occupational disease, special provision and penalties and procedures.
☛ Property damage
☛ No visible injury
1. Water type extinguisher – Class A fire (not be B & E)
2. Foam type extinguisher – Class B fire (S.B + A.S.= Co2)
3. Carbon dioxide extinguisher Class C Fire
4. DCP Extinguisher – Class C, D or E
The process after sand blasting is called painting .
The factory act is a social enactment to achieve social reform and given liberal construction to achieve legislative.
An area which is small and enclosed or an area where one entry and exits or where a man cannot work comfortable in any location is caused confined space.
Earthling means connecting the natural point of the supply system to the general mass of the earth by line.
The process of lifting, carrying and stacking materials by men is called manual handing.
1. Safety appliance for PPE
2. Safety appliance for general protection
There are two types of work permit
☛ Cold work permit
☛ Hot work permit
The hot work permit further classified into 3 types
☛ Normal hot work permit
☛ Blanket hot work permit
☛ Delegate hot work permit
Inspection means to fin out hazards according to checklist prepared with reference to the department operations by the people who are familiar with the plant.
Work permit system is a “ written documents” for permission to undertake a job by area in charge or it is written document issued by the area in charge to the performer to under take the specific job.
1. Cutting fingers due to sharp edges
2. Burns due to handing of hot articles
3. Foot injuries due to dropped articles
4. Slipped disc due to improper posture in lifting on object
5. Strains to wrist or fingers
6. Sprains, wounds hernias, fractures
☛ Presence of toxic,
☛ High temp.
☛ Excessive noise
☛ Emission of radiation
☛ Improper lighting
☛ Improper ventilation
☛ Process involving handling of poisonous.
Evacuation. I would want every living being inside the building to safely step out and run as far away from the building as possible.
1. Fall of person from top and getting injured
2. Fall of objects from top and below person injury
3. Fall of materials from top and damaged
4. Person fall into excavated pit
5. Collapse of soil and below person get injury or may
6. Damage of UG cables and sewage pipe
7. Collapse of scaffolding and person fall from height, get injury
8. Electrical shock
9. Fire and explosion
10. Burn injury
11. Health and lung problems
12. Snakes bite
13. Poisonous gas
14. Foreign body in eye
☛ Fire or explosion
1. Wooden board not be painted
2. Wooden board should not to any cracks
3. Check for rust in pipes / clamps
4. Clamps should fixed and good quality
5. Boards thickness should be 3.4 cms and no bending
6. The construction must be rigid, properly based
7. Use of good and sound materials
8. The wooden bellies has not joints
9. Vertical poles should not be more than 6 feet
10. Chains, ropes used for the suspension of scaffoldings
11. Never throw any materials from height
12. Use safety harness while working at above 6 feet
13. Properly ties to be arrangement
Marking a hole or tunnel by digging the ground by man or machine is called excavation.
It is protection of living beings under electro charging by fast isolation from the live conductor to avoid permanent disability or death.
I would say paying extra attention to details might be my weakness. I am highly cautious and do not sit back until I have thoroughly understood and figured out strategies to carry out things which sometimes over burdens me but in a way helps me perform better as a security officer.
1. Proper wheel shall be used a per the grinding M/c's specification
2. All the grinding M/c's shall be used with wheel guard
3. Grinding cables shall not mingle with welding cables
4. All the cables shall be protected from damage
5. Provide face shield with safety helmet
6. Never use fracture wheel
7. Excessive tighting of maintaining is dangerous
8. All guards should be in position before the machine operated
9. The speed of the grinding should match in the speeds of the grinding machines
10. Only skill person should be handle this work
11. Testing of wheel is necessary
OS & H policy, educational training, safety manual and rules, new equipments, safety inspection, machine guarding, material handling safe operating procedures noise.
I am a good manager, highly organized and possess very good communication skills.
1. Date and time
3. What happened
4. Person involved
5. What went wrong
7. Corrective action suggested
9. Safety officer
10. Safety in charge
11. Project manager
It is a safety date collecting technique and carried out to promote full employee co-operation condition in the implementation of the company's safety surveys.
Biggest hazard that applies to construction sites is that of collapse. This is avoided through proper and secure scaffolding at sensitive structural points.
The process of joining of metals either by electrical or by gas is called welding.
1. Stand at safe distance from the load
2. Sharp edge and burns are removed before lifting a material.
3. PPE such as safety gloves and safety shoes are to be used.
4. If the weight is too heavy for one person to lift, then he has to seek the assistance.
5. The pathway is not blocked by obstacles while carrying the load.
6. The different actions, movements and forces necessary while carrying the load.
7. Modify the task by using hooks and crow bars.
8. Mechanical equipments like cranes shall be used.
9. Modify the objects
10. Change the way things are used.
1. Danger due to fire/ explosion
2. Danger due to toxicity
☛ Fire protection
☛ Fire prevention
☛ Quantity control
☛ Preventive Maintenance
A safety audit is a workplace screening process that indicates any unsafe working conditions and recommends corrective measures. Is operates on measurements, analysis and testing.
One without the other is not potent enough for many situations so I would consider both very important. Training is a prerequisite and experience is comes with time. They cannot be compared or used interchangeably.
1. Keep fire extinguisher nearby
2. Keep fire watch near by
3. Remove all combustible from work area
4. Use all necessary PPE
5. Never put welding gas cylinder in side a confined space
6. Hoses shall not be laid in path ways
7. Gas cutting torch should have flash back arrestors
8. Gas test to be done to check for presence of flammable gas in site.
9. Good house keeping and ventilation necessary in working area.
10. Hose connections should be made properly
1. Only authorized persons should used compressed air.
2. The body or clothes should not be cleaned with compressed air.
3. Compressed air hose pipes should not be placed across passage ways
4. Leakage of compressed air should not be tested with hands.
5. While working with tools run by compressed air safety shoes are to be used.
6. The tools should not be kept on position when not in use.
1. A written safety policy be issued by the management's towards men, material and machines.
2. The safety policy should bring out the management's towards men, material machine.3
3. The safety policy should be circulated to top, middle and to workers
4. Management meeting should be in a position
5. Management should arrange for safety inspection ( once in 3 months ) and safety audit ( once in year) to be carried out.
1. It helps to reduce the chances of fire or explosion
2. It protects the occupational diseases
3. It provides comfort to the workmen
Industrial hygiene is defined as the art and science of the presentation and improvement of the health and comfort of workers.
Risk assessment is conducted before an incident has occurred with the aim of avoiding any incident in the first place while incident investigation is done after an accident has occurred to determine its causes and avoid its repetition in the future.
Any work above 2 meters from ground is caused work at height.
The process of joining of cutting metals by using oxygen and combustible gas is called gas cutting.
1. Due to wrong way using of tools.
2. Due to defective condition of tools
3. Due to failure of using right tools for right job
4. Due to wrong way of carrying tools
5. Due to strong of tools un safety
1. Excavation area should be suitable barricade
2. Put sign boards lights and flags
3. Avoid heavy vehicle coming near the sides
4. PPE like helmet, safety shoes should be used
5. Keep the excavated soil at least 5 feet distance
6. Excavated sides should be sloped bake to a safe angle
7. Hand excavation should be done at the present of UG pipes or cables place
8. Cutting shall be done from top to bottom
9. All narrow trenches 4 feet or more deep shall be supplied at least one ladder
10. While excavating on the slope on the slope whose height is over 10 feet men should use safety belts
☛ A personal injury occurs only as the result of an accidents
☛ An accident occurs only as the result of a unsafe action or un safe mechanical or physical conditions or both.
☛ Unsafe action or unsafe condition or mechanical or physical condition exist only because of faulting the part of persons.
☛ Fault of persons acquires from the environment and the causes for lack of knowledge or skills or improper attitude.
1. Not following defensive arriving techniques
2. Not observing lane displine
3. Overtaking on turns or from wrong side
4. Not obey traffic signals
5. Poor road condition
6. Poor maintained vehicle
☛ Good house keeping
☛ No smoking
☛ Use of fire resistant paint
☛ Electrical safety
☛ Fire check doors
☛ Noked flame safety
☛ Separate storage of hazardous chemicals
This question is designed to highlight your standards. If your “worst violation” is something your prospective employer does every day, you may be out of luck. A better idea is to give the most egregious example you can think of – something so bad that it's highly unlikely this company is doing it on a regular basis.
Attitude may be described as continuous behavior . if man's behavior is good, then his action will be either correct or safe.
1. All flammable material should be cleared from the work area
2. The required protective clothing and equipment must be worn
3. Cartridge respirators shall always be worn
4. Adequate ventilation is necessary
5. Adequate washing facilities must be readily available
6. Barrier cream should be applied to the skin
1. Cylinders should stored in a safe, dry and well ventilated store
2. Oxygen cylinders should be stored horizontally and acetylene cylinders shall be stored vertically.
3. The standing cylinders should be secured properly avoid falling.
4. Flammable gas shall be stored at least 50 feet away from another building
5. Oxygen cylinder shall never be stored necessary flammable gas cylinder
6. Empty cylinder shall be identified by marking with a chalk (MT) and checked for damage before returning to suppliers.
7. Cylinders should not be kept as supports.
1. Un guarded machine/ equipment
2. Poor lighting
3. Narrow road
4. Improper stacking
5. Oil on floor
6. Unsafe ventilation
7. Unsafe defective construction
8. Defective condition of tools and equipment
9. Unsafe method or procedure
10. Bad housekeeping
1. The speed limits displayed along the road should be strictly
2. Short cuts and cutting across the corners should be avoid
3. No body should try to cross the level crossing when drop gates are closed
4. Signal given blocking the road ‘ stop' look, listen and proceed should be followed.
Entry of harm full materials through mouth is called ingestion
Any task that is required to be performed at a height of 2m or more above ground level is considered as a ‘work at height' situation.
House keeping means not only cleanness but also orderly arrangement of operations, tools, equipments storage facilities and suppliers.
1. Erection equipment failure
2. Falling of persons from height
3. Electrical shocks
4. Improper lighting
5. Non stop working by worker
6. Up safe work methods
7. Collapsing of earth during trench excavation
8. Failure of use safety equipment
9. Working a height without safety belt
1. the truck should be inspected
2. The axles should be greased well
3. Safety shoes should be work by the operators.
4. The load should be balanced and the weight of the load should not fall on the axle
5. The hard cart should not be wider than the width of the hand truck.
6. The hard cart should be pushed and not pulled
7. The truck should not be placed on path ways.
The risk is control by following process they are eliminate, replace, reduce, control and PPE.
It is legal requirements in case of emergency in violin vehicles carrying hazards substance.
☛ Safety day – 4th March
☛ Fire Day – 14th April
☛ Hot Work – Red or pink
☛ Cold Work – Green
☛ Confined – Blue
☛ Radiography – Yellow
☛ Water type extinguisher – Red
☛ Foam type extinguisher – Cream (green)
☛ Co2 extinguisher Black
☛ DCR extinguisher Blue
This question is designed to tell your interviewer whether you and the company share the same priorities. There are two main ones, and as long as you mention both of them, you should be fine: to keep employees (and any visitors) safe and to protect the company from liability.
It is an event which represents deviation from the intended sequence of designed steps.
Grinder is a portable machine with a wheel guard in position to reduced the danger.
Firs aid is temporary and immediate care given to the victim of an accident.
It is define as the limit of air bone concentration of substances under which personnel may be exposed for 8 hrs. per day without any adverse effect.
Lathe is an equipment use for cutting, threading, millingor facing etc.
Safety is defined as a condition that is free from hazards while risk is the realization of a potential loss or injury.
It is an unexpected or unplanned event which may or may not result in injury or damage or property loss or death.
A tall machine used for moving heavy objects by suspending them from a projecting arm with hook.
1. It helps to identify hazards and prevent accident
2. It helps to establish safe work method, working conditions and suitable plant safety rules
3. It helps to asses the safety training four heading can be used for JSA.
4. It helps to inspection the plant
a) Name of operation for JSA
b) Description of the operation
☛ Unsafe act
☛ unsafe condition.
☛ Lack of knowledge or skill
☛ Improper attitude
☛ 3Physical or mental deficiency
1. Proper design, operation and maintenance
2. Avoid leakage
3. Steel pressure cylinder
4. Vapor release is to be directed away from heat sources
5. Wear goggles and SCBA sets
1. Select the right ladders forth job
2. Inspect ladder before you see it
3. Setup the ladder with care
4. Climb in carefully
5. Use safe practices
The process of inhaling fresh hair and exhaling, to entering a confined place is called respiration.
This question is about finding out whether you know what the job entails. A good answer would cover how often you'd do inspections, how often you'd conduct training, how you'd track compliance, etc.
The five essentials of a safety program include: engineering, education, enforcement, enthusiasm and example.
Safety tag can be defined a surface made of card board or paper board on which English local languages letters written for warning safety instructions to employees.
The maximum proporation of vapour, gasses and dust in air above which proposal the flame does not occur on contact with a source of ignition is called UEL.
1. Men getting hit by failing from overhead
2. Men slipping as greasy, wet or dirty floor
3. Men failing in open tank without cover in level floor
4. Accidents due to poor lighting
5. Fire accidents due to faulty electrical wires
Safety management is an act and science of setting safety objectives of the industrial company.
The chemical hazards are control by engineering method, administrative method and PPE.
☛ Procedure – Rules, regulation
☛ Protective gear – PPE
☛ Promotional aspects – Competitions, rewards
☛ Publicity – Bulleting, posters
Any work which involves spark flame, temperature is called HWP
Your prospective employer is trying to determine whether you place proper importance on protecting the company from liability. A good answer may go something like this: “I've found that keeping accurate records, while it may not be exciting, is critical in protecting both the company and the employees. If there were an accident, for instance, it would be important to be able to prove that we had provided necessary training and had the right policies in place. I also think it's crucial to make a thorough report of an accident right away, while the details are still fresh. If an injured employee later tells a different story, it's important to have an accurate record.”
☛ It is a condition which gives you freedom from hazard, risk, accident which may cause injury, damage and loss to material or property damage and even death.
☛ Safety is defined as freedom from those condition that can cause injury to persons including death or damage to property or environment.
1. Improper lifting
2. Carrying too heavy loads
3. Improper gripping
4. Failure to use PPE
5. Lifting greasy, oily and irregular objects
6. Poor physique
1. Enter with air line BA sets
2. Use 24v flame proof hand lamps
3. A hole watch to be kept near man hole
4. Keep fire fighting equipment ready
5. Gas test to be done to check for oxygen level
6. Provide blowers
7. Don't smoke in confined space
8. Use ropes and harness
9. The spaces clean before entry
10. Use non sparking tools it there is any risk of flammable vapors being present.
It means to maintenance of accident details
Delegated work permit used for areas requiring light control. Ex : Fabrication, yards – valid – 30 days
☛ The workers health influences by occupational factors – physical, chemical, biological, social.
☛ Non occupational factors – food, cloth, water, housing, smoking & alcohol etc.
Entry of harmful materials through mouth is called ingestion
Any work which does not involved production of spark flame, heat, temp. is called
The purpose of this question is to get some insight into your personality and to what type of thing you find difficult. If you describe something that's a common occurrence at your prospective employer, you're unlikely to get the job. One good approach is to mention things that are likely to annoy your prospective employer, too, like employees who are always trying to circumvent safety procedures.
In probability of the realization of potential for loss or damage or injury.
It is an equipments used to project the person from hazards such dust, dirt, fumes and sparks etc. It is the barrier between hazard and person.
1. Tools must be kept clean and free from corrosion
2. Keep metal parts lightly oiled
3. Remove burrs from edges of tools and heads of chisels.
4. Tools which are not in used must be stored separately
5. A good worker regularly inspects his tools
6. Do not use tools without handles
1. Oxygen cylinders should not be kept near combustible materials.
2. Oxygen cylinders should not be handled with grassy hands or gloves.
3. Oxygen cylinders and their fittings should not be tested with oil based soap solution.
4. Oxygen cylinders and other combustible gas cylinders should not be stored together.
5. The top cover of the cylinder should be kept in position and screwed safety when not in use.
6. Cylinders should not be used as rollers for moving materials
7. Oxygen must not be use for ventilating confined spaces.
☛ Safety officer
☛ By line management personal
☛ By senior management personnel
☛ First line supervisor
☛ By maintenance engineers
☛ By workers
☛ By safety committee
☛ By statutory authorites
1. Operating any equipment without properly authority
2. Failure to warning
3. Operating at unsafe speed
4. Failure to use PPE
5. Using hands instead of tools and equipment
6. Unsafe loading or placing or stacking
7. Unsafe position/ posture
8. Working on moving equipments
9. Wearing loose clothes while working on running machine
10. Working at height without safety belt
There are 4 types of accidents
☛ Near miss accident – escape
☛ No lost time reported 48hrs. before
☛ Los time – reported 48hrs. after
☛ Fated – Death
The Govt. responsible for protection workers, consumers from dangers at work, on the road, in the air in the water, from air and water pollution etc.
☛ He takes up the license and registration of factories
☛ He also verify the documents related to factory workers
☛ He suggests suitable and welfare measures
The permit is required for taking any vehicle are mobile equipments having a diesel equipment having a diesel or petrol operated engine in to hazardous area.
The point of this question is to find out whether you can balance company policy with common sense. So a good answer might go something like this, “Well, one of the first things I'd do is familiarize myself with your procedures ahead of time so I could make sure my response is in alignment. Barring that, I'd find out what type of first response was needed – both to treat the injured and resolve the situation if it was ongoing – and get that response started.”
Near miss is a situation where an accident could happen but did not. These indicate leaks in security arrangements. Last year, during a renovation project someone placed heavy tiles on the first floor just where the floor was not strong enough to carry their weight. The floor gave in and a couple of tiles fell down, no one was hurt but I learnt to always place safety tags on weak parts of structures being renovated.
Emergency planning can defined as a control measurer. It can control the accidents safe guard people and provide information to media.
☛ He has to instruct this workers about the work methods and procedures.
☛ He has to maintain discipline among the workers
☛ He has to supply necessary materials
☛ He has to control quality and cost of the job
☛ He has to guide has workers in doing a job in the correct and safe way
☛ He has to supply suitable personal protective equipment to his workers
☛ He should conduct periodical safety meetings.
☛ He should conduct safety inspection of his working area
☛ He should know about the fire fight equipments
☛ He should know investigate the accident and find out the cause of accident
1. It helps in the reduction of accidents including fire accidents
2. It saves the property damages
3. It improves employee moral
4. Better productivity
5. Working area be-comes presentable
6. Human energy is conserved
7. Visitors are very much satisfied
8. The burden of supervisor is reduced
1. It should be erected on levels firm ground
2. It erected by trained / skilled person
3. It is constructed using metal pipes and wooden boards
4. It should be design and constructed from good and sound material
5. Not to be erected on loose earth
6. Clamps should fixed
7. Properly bracing
8. Sole plate is necessary the base of vertical pipe
1. Check breaks, lift tilt and tires.
2. Check the stability of load before moving it
3. Never leave your fork lift truck un-attend with motor running
4. Never park fork lift truck on passage way
5. Never drive with wet or greasy hands
6. Always drive with a safe speed and slow down at turning point
7. When driving without load forks about 6 inches above the floor or ground
8. Never operate trunk in gaseous area
9. Never carry a load so high that you can not head, If necessary operate truck in reverse
10. Avoid carrying lose materials on forks
11. Never allow one to go under elevated loads
12. Warn other employees to stand clear when staking or removing materials
13. Exhaust pipe should have flame arrestor
14. Fork should be lowered to the floor when the truck is unattended
15. Stay alert t all times
1. Job related safety aspects
2. Job related hazards / risk
3. Control / preventive measure
4. Adequacy of PPE's / condition
5. Following safety rules / procedures
6. Safe work procedures / methods
2. Fooling bout it
3. Hurrying to increase production
4. Laziness in house keeping
5. Hurrying in Lunchtime
6. Lack of attention due to worry
7. Alcohol and drugs
8. Lack of skill and experience
9. Not using PPE
☛ Sec.'6' Registration of a factory
☛ Sec.'11' Cleanliness
☛ Sec.'13' Ventilation and temperature
☛ Sec.'17' Lighting
☛ Sec.'18,19' Drinking water and sanitary
☛ Sec.'23' Employment of young person on dangerous mechanical
☛ Sec.'28' Hoist and lifts
☛ Sec.'29' Lifting machines and tackles
☛ Sec.35' protection of eyes
☛ Sec.'36' Precaution against danger furmes
☛ Sec.'36(A)' Use of portable electric light
☛ Sec.'38' Protection in case of fire
☛ Sec.'40(A)' Maintenance of building
☛ Sec.40(B)' Safety officers duty
☛ Sec.'45' First aid boxes
☛ Sec.'111' Obligation of workers
The factory Act – 1948 Petroleum Act – 1934
The mines Act – 1952 Water Act – 1974
Automatic energy Act – 1962 Air Act – 1948
Railways Act – 1890
Indian electricity Act – 1910
Indian boilers Act – 1884
Workmen compensation Act – 1948
Employee's state insurance Act – 1948
1. Preliminary visit and understanding the factory
2. Identify the audit element
3. Prepare the questionnaire
4. Get the reply from the company
5. Discussion with management, executives & workers.
6. Cross Verification at site
7. Preparation of report.
Safety surveys are made to have detailed observations of all types of unsafe physical and environment conditions as well as unsafe practices committed the health and comfort or workers.
This question is partly about whether you're naïve enough to think that everyone is as enchanted with safety as you are, and it's partly about how you handle opposition. A good answer would include trying to convince the plant manager of the importance of safety using facts and figures (accident claims, down time, lawsuits, etc.). You'd also want to cover what you'd do if you absolutely couldn't win the plant manager over. One good answer could be acknowledging both the plant manager's feelings as well as the company's requirements that he abide by safety regulations anyway – and asking for his suggestions on what they can do.
Safety is a condition which provides you freedom from risk. While most people say safety and think “people”, it is not just about people. It is also about buildings and assets. Real time situations that may warrant safety include physical hazards such as fire, natural calamities, intended harm and emergencies.
The safety audit is the process that identifies un-safe conditions and unsafe acts the plant and recommended safety improvement.Walk through It evaluates the unsafe condition notice able to naked eye during work through the plant. ( Stores, civil work, erection work) Inter mediate-more details study and review of plant design and plant operation. Comprehensive –It evaluates the safety factors in the plant on the base engineering, analysis, testing, measurement.
The procedure of analyzing job for the specific purpose of finding the hazards and developing .
1. Compressed airline, hoses and other fitting must installment firmly with out leaks the hose.
2. Mis use compress are should be avoided
3. A fresh air hood or mask must be worn
4. House keeping can be done period cally
5. Fire extinguish her shall be kept near by
6. Dust mask ear plugs / muffs should be used
7. No sand blasting shall be done on top of floating roof tank in service.
8. Use goggles & face shield
9. Sand blasting operation must be gas free
1. All electrical installations shall be as per Indian electricity rules
2. Only competent persons should handle the electrical equipments
3. The equipments should be earthed properly
4. All temporary electric lines should be drawn at least above man's height
5. Cable should be completely insulted
6. Cable should not have any joints
7. Only connection for one point
8. Good house keeping on the area
9. Fire protection equipment to be kept near by
10. Use rubber gloves and rubber boots
11. Use good quality of wire
12. Power isolation close to the job
13. Use three pin plug instead of loose wire
14. Never operate any electrical equipment with wet hands
15. Never stand wet surface while working electrical equipments
16. During thunder storm do not stand under tree
17. Proper sign board is necessary
18. No person shall work on any live electrical conductor
19. The switch shall only be put on by person who switched it off
1. They are not to be dragged or dropped
2. They should be stored in dry and well ventilated places
3. Chins and slings should not be used for lifting cylinders.
4. the caps of the cylinders should not be removed when they are not the use.
5. Cylinders should not be stored near hot sources
6. Acetylene cylinders should not be stored horizontally
7. Empty cylinders and fully cylinders should be stored separately
8. Leakage cylinders removed to open space and release the gas without getting ignited.
Accident investigation means to carried out immediately the occurrence of accident to find out real facts to avoid the future accident.
☛ There are 4 steps in safety
☛ Take advantages of factory act
☛ Safe working conditions.
1. Head protection – Hard hat, cap, and helmet
☛ Made – aluminum, PVC, fiber glass, Plastic
☛ Protect – heal, spark, danger materials
2. Face and eye protection – Spectacles, Welding goggles, face shield
☛ Protect – flying particles, radation
3. Hand protection – Gloves, hand pads
☛ Made – leather, rubber, PVC, asbestos
☛ Protect – acid, oil grease, pure Alex rubber gloves electrical
4. Foot and leg protection – Safety shoes, gum boots, foot leg guard
☛ Made – Metal, leather, rubber
☛ Project – falling materials and electrical work
5. Body protection – Apron, hood, coverall, jacket
☛ Made rubber, leather canvas, lead, PVC asbestos
☛ Asbestos hood – Fire fighting
☛ Rubber, PVC full suit – ( Corrosively liquid, fumes, vapour
☛ Safety belts – work exceeds 3 mts
6. Ear production – earmuff – noise – 30 – 135DB
7. Ear plug – 115 – 120 DB
☛ General hazards,
i. Use safety belt with proper anchoring above head.
ii. Special training must be given before starting the job.
iii. All scaffolds must be erected by skill persons.
iv. No work after sun set
v. Every platform should free from unnecessary obstruction
vi. Grease, mud, paint removed from working platform
☛ Fitted spark arrester
☛ Speed 30 km./hours
☛ Proper warring lights
☛ No over load
☛ Correct parking
☛ Pollution check
☛ 3rd party inspection
It is conducted to check the welding joints for any blow holes defects through x-ray.
☛ Use dry hard gloves & rubber sole, safety boots, gum boots
☛ The electric holder must be fully insulted
☛ Proper protection for the body
☛ During chipping of slag use white goggles
1. Report unsafe condition to supervisor
2. Do not operate the machine without knowing the operation
3. Before starting the machine, whether the machine is in condition not
4. Use correct tools
5. Follow the safety rules
6. Always do not horse play
7. Do not lift over load
8. Do not chit on at with others
There are two types of PPE
2. Non respiratory
Respiratory - Air supplied
- Air purified
Air supplied - Compressed air breathing apparatus set
Air purified - Cannisters gas mask
-- Chemical cartridges respirator
--– Surgical cotton mask
Dust filter mask (dust respirator)
They are mainly five types of fire.
☛ Class A Fire : Wood, paper, clothes, rubbers etc.
☛ Class B Fire : Oil, grease, paint, petroleum etc.
☛ Class C Fire : Acetylene, ethane, methane etc.
☛ Class D Fire : Sodium, magnesium, potassium etc.
☛ Class E Fire : Electrical equipment etc.
Accident prevention may be defined as an integrated programme and directed to control un safe mechanical or physical condition.
1. All vehicles requiring security vehicles pass
2. All drivers should have valid driving licence
3. Drivers should not use fork lift trucks for carrying passengers
4. All traffic regulations and speed limit should be strictly followed in side the plant area
5. All vehicles area in a road worthy condition
6. Vehicles park in the operation area must always unlocked with in ignition key in position
1. The sudden failure of wire rope or a chain
2. Slipping of the load from the sling
3. Swinging of the load at the time of lifting
4. The load sometimes hits the man
The minimum concentration of vapour, gasses and dust in air below which propagation of flame does not occur on contact with a source of ignition is called LEL.
There was this situation in which the university that I was working for fell under a vandalism attack. All security personnel looked for the perpetrator for three months but I was the one who managed to pinpoint a student responsible for the vile acts. It was unfortunate that the student was the son of my best friend. I had no option but to hand him in even though I knew I could very well let him go with a warning and none would be the wiser! My ethics said otherwise.
This question is about whether you're up on the latest developments in the industry. Before your interview, spend some time on the internet to find out whether there have been any recent changes and what the impact of those changes will be.
On the surface, this question is about priorities, but it's also designed to find out whether you know what you need to know in order to do the job – whether you know what's important. A good answer would include inspecting any facilities that are in your area of responsibility, getting to know the managers at those facilities, and examining the company's safety record to identify any patterns.
During an oil drilling project the drillers were using PPE but the audit revealed they were not using proper eye gear. I designed and recommended sealed eye gear for them and insisted on its use which paid off because the drillers came across a pungent gas during drilling which could have damaged their eyes causing serious threats on site and long term health issues had they not worn that equipment.
Inherent property of a substance or an occurrence which has potential to cause loss or damage property, person or environment.
It is a temporary platform constructed for supporting both men and materials and working safety at a construction site.
Fork lift truck are designed to handle heavy loads.
☛ Eye injury
☛ Burn injury Arc realization
☛ Electrical shock Light arc radiation
☛ Heat, light and radiation effect Heat fume
☛ Poisonous gases Chipped price of weld metal
☛ Explosion Scattering
☛ Noise Sparking
☛ Flying sand
1. Adequate first aid equipment should be kept ready
2. Adequate fire fighting equipment should be available
3. All general electrical rules should be followed
4. suitable lighting arrangements should be necessary at night work
5. Work men at height should be wear safety belts
6. Work men handling cement should be provided with goggles, rubber gloves and rubber boots by nose mask.
7. The moving parts of grinding machines used construction site should be covered with guards
8. The moving parts of grinding machines used construction site should be covered with guards
9. Excavated material should not kept near the excavated
10. Very short duration of work red flags must be hoisted and more duration red banners must be stretched
11. Defective tools should not be used
12. The worker should not carry tools in his hands when climbing a ladder
13. Excavation should be guarded by suitable fencing
1. Only authorized and competent person should operated cranes
2. The correct sling must be used for the load to be lifts
3. Lifting equipment must be certified from competent authority and mark with its SWL
4. Never be used for loads excess of its SWL
5. Cables and slings must be padded when passing over sharp edges of equipments
6. Check the condition of the ground before parking the crane and use out riggers
7. All moving parts must be guarded
8. Uncertified chains, ropes, slings and hooks should not be use
9. All slings to be inspected by third party inspectors
10. Never stand or work under a suspended load
11. Place the out riggers on firms ground
12. Guide ropes shall be used to control swing of lifted material
13. Never operate the crane at the time of speed wing
14. Lifting over live equipment should not be encouraged
15. The crane should under go periodical maintenance as per manufactures
There are 5 types inspection ; pressures of boilers( supervisor)
1. Continuous inspection – select employees / operator
2. Periodical Inspection – material storage, fire fighting equipments, handling equipments
3. Intermittent inspection – un announced inspection done by safety officer, safety committee. ( Particular work spot)
4. Statutory inspection – storage area, location at height ( cranes, ropes, chains, it my tackles inspection)
5. Special inspection – accident investigation
6. Inspection of new building, general lighting, use of PPE's etc. construction work.
There are three types of safety.
☛ Plant safety
☛ Workers safety
☛ Consumer safety
1. Buildings and plants shall be so laid out and roads, passage ways etc.
2. Doors and windows shall be located in suitable positions on all external walls of the building.
3. Smoking lighting or carrying matches are to be prohibited
4. Gas cylinders should not be stored near high flammable substances
5. Flammable liquids shall be stored in suitable containers with close fitting covers.
6. In every factory has to suitable fire fighting equipment
7. All fire fighting equipment shall be subjected to routine maintenance inspection and testing by proper trained persons.
8. Sufficient number of persons shall be trained in the proper handling of fire fighting equipment.
A blanket permit is a permit issued on the basis of location where the multiple jobs are to be carried out at safe location.
1. Follow all traffic rules, signs and signals
2. Do not exceed the speed limit
3. Take ten minute break after every 2 hours on long driving
4. Drive in correct gear
5. Keep both hand on steering wheel
6. Do not drive if you are not filling well or feting sleep
7. Slow down while passing junctions, corners, crowded places and parking
a. Lack of knowledge and skill
b. over work
c. Feeling of dizziness
d. Non usage of PPEs like safety belt cygnet
e. Unsafe platform (Not covered having floor openings)
f. Improper erecting
g. Unlearning work at height?
☛ It is considered as maximum allowable concentration not to be exceeded at any time during 15 minutes continuous expose period.
☛ It is a maximum on concentration to which works or can be exposed to a period of to15 minutes continuously without suffering from irritation.
☛ Barricade the area
☛ Remove all un-necessary persons away from site
☛ Check radiation level with dosimeter
☛ Use lead shields
☛ Put a sign board
☛ Risk tissue damaged
☛ Use special filter glass
☛ Use lead coated aprons
Up wanted sound which causes irritation to the ears caused by mechanical movement.
☛ Adequate and suitable washing facilities should be provided
☛ Facilities for sitting during rest hours should be provided
☛ If more than 250 workers are employed in a factory a canteen facility shall be provided.
☛ Shelters rest rooms and drinking water shall be provided.
☛ Welfare officer shall be employed where than 50 workers are working.
☛ 3 copies of the permit
☛ At the work site.
☛ In the permit file
☛ On the permit board.
1. Inadequate skill, improper supervision etc.
2. Rapid industrialization
3. Expansion of exiting factories
4. Setting up new industries involving hazards not known earlier
☛ Major injury
☛ Minor injury
☛ No injury
Safety management is an art and science of setting safety objectives of the Industrial company and related activities of planning, administration, Improving, Various functions to achieve the safety objectives.
1. The safety and heath of all employees is one of prime concerned of the company.
2. Every company will be require to the policy both in letter and in spirit.
3. the company shall comply straightly with act, laws, rules and regulations
4. The company shall impart raining in health safety and occupational health to all employees.
5. The company will adopt own safety and health standards where laws may not be available.
1. Mechanical hazards - in adequately guarded machines parts
2. Chemical hazards - of toxemic gasses, vapours, fumes, smoke in dust.
3. Electrical hazards : in adequately insulated line wires
4. Fire hazards – chemical reaction, electrical Arcs
5. Radiation hazards – dazzing light in fraved rays ultra violet rays
6. Pollution - water pollution & noise pollution
1. The foot wear is not greasy, oily and muddy and has a good grip on the rungs.
2. When climbing or coming down a ladder should be face the ladder side and had on with both hand.
3. Carry light tools in pockets in a shoulder bag.
4. Hold on with at least new hand if use of both hands then, use safety belt
5. Never climb higher than the third rung from the top on straight or second tired from the top on extension ladder.
6. Step ladder must be fully open and the divider locked
7. Metal ladder shall not be used near electrical equipments.
8. Metal ladder shall not be place on firm footing and at angle of 75
9. Any ladder found defect in any way should be marked do not use
10. Ladder shall not be placed on a box or drum.
11. Rubber protection on head and heel of a ladder is necessary.
1. The operators should wear face shields or safety glasses
2. Power tools should be placed in the store room after use
3. power tools should have protected by guards
4. Pneumatic hoses or electric cables of power tools should not pass through passage ways.
5. The electrical power tools should be properly earthed
6. Never horse play with hose of pneumatic tools
7. Power tools machines should be maintained and operated properly.
1. Remove all combustion material from the place of welding
2. Clear the work area and cover wooden floor with fire proof mats. ( Welding mechanic should be kept with in the visibility of the welders.
3. Erect fire resistance screen around the work
4. All welding cables should be fully insulted
5. All welding mics shall be double earthed
6. Welding area should be dry and free from water
7. Keep the fire extinguisher / sand really
8. Use leather hand gloves, goggles and helmets
9. Switch off the power when welding is stopped
10. Do not allow the helper to do welding
11. Do not shift he welding cable unless the electric power is switched off.
12. Do not allow the helper to carry the welding. Terminal of the welding cables should be provided 3-cable with lugs and kept tight.
13. Oxygen hose in black and Acetylene hose in red in color as per standard
14. NRV of the blow torches should be maintained properly avoid back fire
15. Welders should be trained properly
16. Cylinders should be stored in a cold dry place away bottom heat and direct sunlight.
17. Proper house keeping, good ventilation in the working area
18. Smoking should be avoided from welding area
19. Hose connection should be proper made
20. Barricade the work area and put a sign board
21. Rolling of cylinders should be avoided
22. Flash back arrestor should be attached in each cylinders
23. Any leakage of cylinder should be kept separately
The process of removing rust dust, dirt, scales and old prints from the old surface using compressed air is called sand blasting.
It is defined as a harmful condition sustained by the body as a result of an accident.
This question is designed to see how you balance ethics, professional responsibility, and common sense. A good answer might sound something like this: “If it were a minor technical violation that was unlikely to result in injury, I might give the manager 24 hours to fix it. At that time, I'd do another inspection. If it were a major hazard, however, I'd have to refuse to ignore it.”