1. What are education Requirements for a Repairman?
Educational options for mechanics include an associate's degree in automotive technology or a related field, a high school or vocational training program, an apprenticeship or on the job training.
2. Explain what experiences do you have in changing a transmission?
I have changed a transmission out a couple of different times and i have rebuilt one in a 1971 pick up truck and in a 2001 chevy tahoe.
3. Tell me what is your favorite car?
Nissan GT-R 2012 pure Edition, it's the definition for perfect in sync working of both mechanical and electrical components.
4. Tell me when you make a mistake, how do you go about fixing it?
Looking for the best way to do it with patience.
5. Do you know where Mechanics Work?
Mechanics work in a variety of automotive service settings including car dealers, tire stores, oil change operations, gas stations and full-service repair shops. Some mechanics operate their own business and take on management functions such as setting prices, advertising and supervising staff.
6. Tell me do you adapt well to your team?
Since I was at the cadets for many years I got a lot of cadets joining and leaving so ive had to learn to adapt well.
7. Explain me what was the toughest job you've done in the past?
Converting a 99 Honda Civic from automatic transmission to manual transmission. Gearbox and engine wiring loom had to be changed, also hole in floor had to be modified to accept manual gear lever and surround changed to suit.
8. Please explain what knowledge do you have about the company?
You should do your research prior to the interview. Look into background history of the company, this will help you stick out. Learn about main people, have they been in the news lately? The interviewer doesn't expect you to know dates and certain people, but showing that you have enough interest to research the company is a positive impression.
9. Tell me what do you do to make sure your vehicle inspection is comprehensive?
I maintain a proper checklist and for each car that comes in for diagnosis or service I go through that checklist carefully to make sure my inspection and assessment is thorough and that I am not missing any aspect.
10. Tell me what was the toughest situation you've had fixing a car?
I was replacing the engine in 1986 corvette which was a cut and dry situation so i thought, after removing the original engine i found that a lot of the bolts were not correct and this made the job difficult due to the fact that each one had to be measured and sized for correct fit this job took up a whole week to finish..