You are not logged in.

#1 2015-04-22 05:49:16

alisiddiqui
Banned

Best Reasons for a Job Change

Best Reasons For Changing Jobs

Why Are You Looking For A Job Change?

This questions can be raised by the interviewer during your job interview, can be asked by people around you or you may ask yourself if you’re not satisfied from your current job. It is not about money or at least, not just money give you rational for changing jobs and look elsewhere.
Money can be the reason for a job change, if your salary is substantially less than the average and therefore driving you to look around for a new job that might pay better. But, for most cases, total money earned including incentives and bonuses is not the main reason. So if money is not the driving factor, what is the reason most people leave?

Why Do People Change Jobs?

Researches show that the #1 solid reason people look for a new job is getting away from a ‘bad’ boss (or ‘bad’ management), especially direct managers who are seen as blocking career advancement and job achievements.
Those bosses who do not listen, delegate assignments and provide feedback increase their employees’ dissatisfaction that start thinking – “give me a chance to advance, learn, grow and notice me when I do that”.
Therefore, the bad performance of your immediate supervisor can be the reason you’d want to change your current job.
Do you belong to the category of employees that are facing – lack of recognition, attention, feedback and lack of communicating up the organization?
If you do, you belong to the vast majority of job changers: people who do not stand being underemployed or undervalued are people who most often change jobs and for a good reason.
Additionally, if your workplace blocks or limits the opportunities for advancement you would be inclined/want to change your current job soon as you feel you achieved and leaned the maximum you can.

Other Reasons:

Other reasons for a job change are:
• More suited geography or better location.
• Getting away from a failing company.
• Better fit with your skills, strengths and career aspirations – a career change.

Also Read Our Article : Changing Career Goals

Last edited by alisiddiqui (2015-04-22 05:49:52)

2015-04-22 05:49:16

Advertisement
Ads By Google

Re: Best Reasons for a Job Change

Board footer