You are not logged in.

#1 2015-04-24 04:43:59

alisiddiqui
Banned

Follow Up Email After A Job Interview

Guidelines And Examples Of Follow Up Email After A Job Interview

An Overview:

After interviewing, you must stay ‘on line’ with the employer. It is recommended to send a follow up thank-you email/letter to the interviewer or to the person who coordinated your job interview. This article provides follow up guidelines and a sample of a thank-you follow up email.

Why You Should Follow Up With A Thank You Letter/Email?

Why would not any employer be pleased to receive such a note? Most of them are fine with it and consider it to be common courtesy. Some even expect to receive it as they’ve received such letters before.
Most probably, the thank-you note will not ‘make or break’ your chances of getting hired, but it could and you would not want to miss the chance. The purpose of this follow up letter is: to further communicate with the employer, thus proving your high motivation level and promoting your candidacy. Sending the follow up email (or letter) is a way to differentiate you from the other candidates, keeping your name in the front of the employer’s mind.

Tips To Follow Up With Email Or Letter?

If it is hard for you to decide whether to follow up by email or by posting a letter, two simple factors will guide you. The company culture and the hiring decision. If people in the said organization use email heavily as their communicating tool, then send a follow up by email. You can send by email also, if you know that the hiring decision will be made very soon. You would not want to miss the boat and so you should act before the follow up letter misses its effect. In other cases, use a letter, a hard copy version.

What Sections To Include In The Follow Up Thank You Email

▸ A statement thanking the interviewer. Refer to the position for which you applied and interviewed plus the time it took place.
▸ Reiterate your interest in the job and your confidence that you are the right candidate for the job – Mention specific aspects that were discussed in the interview & which of your skills or experiences would make the difference.
▸ Express your willingness to provide additional information. You may include here any information requested at the interview.
▸ A simple, cordial closing.

Example Of Post Interview Follow Up Thank You Email

[Your address]
[Date]

Ms./Mr. [name of interviewer]
[Title]
[Organization]
[Address]

Dear Mr. [name of interviewer],
It was a pleasure meeting with you [this week] regarding the open position of Marketing Manager.
Our conversation confirmed to me that this role is exactly the type of quality experience in which I am interested.

I was especially impressed to learn that the job includes developing new Internet marketing tools. As I mentioned in our interview, I have extensive experience in performing these types of activities.
I think my web programming skills would be of benefit in exploring and developing the area of [email and Internet marketing].

I would like to reiterate my sincere interest in working for ABC Corporation.
If there is any further information you would find helpful in making a decision regarding my employment, please contact me at your earliest convenience
I look forward to hearing from you in the near future,

Sincerely,
[Signature]
[Your name]

2015-04-24 04:43:59

Advertisement
Ads By Google

Re: Follow Up Email After A Job Interview

Board footer