You are not logged in.

#1 2015-04-09 05:40:08

hasnain
Administrator
Website

Why Do You Want To Work For This Company?

Why You Want To Work Here?

Benefits:

Many people wish to work at Google, Microsoft or at IBM because of the benefits.
Not many can make it. This article discusses one of the reasons…

I bet one of the key questions asked during their job interviews is:
“Why do you want to work here?”
STOP, it’s a tricky question!
The answer to the question “why do you want to work for our company?” is a key factor (make or break) in the company’s decision as to whether one would fit the position or not.

Reason:

It appears that many companies – big companies, startup companies and even schools and institutes keep asking this question during an interview.

What does the employer want to know by asking this question?
The employer wishes to observe:
1. Are you going to take any job offer (shooting in all directions..) or did you  seriously consider your job search target and career objectives?
2. What do you know about the company and this job? Have you done your homework?
3. Do you want to ‘get a foot in the door’ OR Are you going to bring added value to the company?
4. How do you see this job position matching your skills?
5. How do you select a specific company to work for? Are you selective in your job search?

Answering ” Why do you want to work for us” interview question
Let’s break down my suggested answer into 4 parts:

Answer:

Step By Step:

1. Express your interest in the company profile (based on your pre-research). Put across – how you are impressed by the company’s success, its products and its portfolio.
2. Present your knowledge of the workplace environment (the department) you applied to.
3. Demonstrate your enthusiasm to work for the company.
4. And (the most important part) how do you trust this company to be the best place to utilize your experience and skills for the benefit of the company.

Long-Story Answer:

It turned out to be a long-story answer… However, every part is important –
In your speech, you actually create a picture of yourself as an active-integral member of this organization who feels proud to contribute.
In addition, you demonstrate your interest and passion in working for the company AND how you see your skills being tailored to the job requirements.

Example:

Here is an example of your statement –
A question: “So, why do you want to work in our company? Or for this organization?”
Your Answer: “This Company is a well-known ABC industry leader. I have conducted web research and found/believe that DEF products and its future prospects are impressive and interesting/exciting.
I have always wanted to work at this company. The ABC team is the team I’d be proud to work with. A place where my background/skills can be utilized and developed.”
You may add other reasons, explaining how your skills are best fit for the position.

Of course, the first thing one should do is conduct research before the job interview:
➫ Log on to the company website and find important and relevant info that you may point out during the interview.
➫ One should also prepare a matching table that compares his or her background with the job requirements.

Failure is the first step towards seccess.

2015-04-09 05:40:08

Advertisement
Ads By Google

Re: Why Do You Want To Work For This Company?

Board footer