You are not logged in.

#1 2015-04-14 05:55:21

hasnain
Administrator
Website

What Interests You Most About This Job?

What Interests You About This Job?

Importance:

The job interview is quite an important part of a person’s professional as well as personal life.  Because the job interview does not last for more than an hour or so, there are some questions that the interviewer asks to get a better understanding of the interviewee.

Each of these questions is very important and should be answered with utmost care when asked. One of the questions is – what interests you about this position?
Though this may seem to be a very harmless question, it is one of those questions that might decide between selected individuals who have the same qualifications and experience.
When asked “what about this job interests you”, the interviewer wants to know why you decided to apply specifically for this job and why do you consider this position fitting you and your career plans.

Best Bet:

The best bet is to take the most important element of the said job and talk about it.
For example if the job requires effective team work capabilities, you may construct your answer in this way:

Question: What is the ‘thing” that interests you about this job?

Answer:
“One of the things that are of my best interests in this job is the opportunity to work in a team environment. I always wanted to work with hard-working, professional, experienced people. I love contributing the team effort, bringing out the best in myself and in my teammates for fulfilling our work goals and reaching top results.
I trust that I can perform great by applying sound principles of teamwork as I did in my previous jobs. I seek timely and consistent feedback designed to improve not only my performance as well but the team’s performance as well. I consult with people, try my best and treat everyone positively/equally.”

Tips:

Here is some tips on how you should answer it:

Be Specific:

While you are asked about what interests you in this position, make sure that your answers are to the point and not ambiguous. Count specific job qualities and career advantages that you find on this role that interest you. For example, if you are speaking about how programming job interests you because you have a general liking for mathematics, try to connect these two aspects more definitely.

Be Truthful:

Simply put, if you like a job you would excel at it. If you are working somewhere just for the money, there are chances that you might not like the job and be kicked out off it sooner or later. Read – Why Did You Choose This Career?

Be Real:

Being real is another important aspect that one should keep in mind while answering about role interesting feature. For example, if you are a 25 year old game designer who says that they are interested in game designing because you were avid game player and played with the first shipping of a game (that came out 30 years ago), you would stand out as a liar amongst all the other interviewees.

Failure is the first step towards seccess.

2015-04-14 05:55:21

Advertisement
Ads By Google

Re: What Interests You Most About This Job?

\n

Board footer