You are not logged in.

#1 2015-04-17 06:27:56

hasnain
Administrator
Website

What is Your Greatest Strength?

What are your Strengths?

Be Wise:

You never know when you’ll be faced with a question related to your strengths in an interview. Some interviewers ask this question and some don’t, but these questions are usually asked across the board.
They may want you to speak about your strengths asking an interview question ‘What is your greatest strength?’ or ‘What are your strengths? You’d be wise to prepare your answer before the upcoming job interview.

Tips:

What Are Your Strengths?

Talking about your strengths is a tricky one. You do not want to come across as an ego driven personality when answering about your strengths. You also don’t want to sound boastful and give a wrong impression about yourself.

Interviewers know that questions about strengths and weaknesses are difficult for the candidates as it put them on the spot. Often they want to see if you can keep your composure while you assess your professional strengths. They’d want to see if you have self awareness – Your answer should be grounded on real self assessment, if you want it to be genuine.
Listing your personal strengths in a job interview gives you the opportunity to show how you are the perfect fit for the position!

How To List?

How to list your greatest strengths in an interview
You want to find strengths that are related to the job. Three simple steps are required:
Read the job description carefully and write down the skills/abilities/traits for the position you are applying for. If those skills are not detailed enough, you can always list the must-have known ones for your area/industry. Read hereunder.
Assess your strengths and also those skills known as competencies, which are skills you consciously posses and gained thru your life.
Do you recognize equivalents between your strengths and the skills required for position? If you do, mark these strengths.

Key Strengths Examples:

Here are the three important personal strengths recognized in the business world today:
Adaptive to change: If you’re not only good in adjusting to changes but can also lead a change, it is even a better strength.
Communication skills: having verbal and written interpersonal skills, people oriented person, friendly, loyal to friends, team player, cooperating, listener, respectful, honest, empathetic, flexible, tolerant, caring and ready to help and always go the extra mile to help out.
Self motivated and learning agility: a headstrong personality. Someone who’s not only intelligent but loves to learn new things and to be challenged – a determined personality, a quick learner that has high level of energy.

Categorize:

You can categorize some strength per occupation, as follows:
☛ For sales/marketing, customer service, managers and leaders positions: self confident, effective organizational and prioritization skills, negotiator, presenter, initiator, good planner, persuasive, adaptability, patient, cooperative, goal driven, stress tolerant, effective decision maker and problem solver.
☛ Technical or financial positions: analytical skills, strong in math, programming and engineering, accuracy and attention to details a handy man.

Examples:

A leader:

High level executive, who wants to describe leadership as his strength – Leadership of change and leadership abilities:
“I am a leader – I have the ability to share a sense of vision and common purpose. I can inspire loyalty and commitment and believe I have an adaptable leadership style depending on individuals and circumstances. I can create and build teams. I have transformed strategic objectives into firm actions. I work with others to implement change and always help to clarify and avoid ambiguity. I take responsibility for driving things forward and can identify the need of change and initiate a change.”

Customer Service:

People applying for customer service positions, who want to emphasize their customer awareness:
“I have great customer service skills that can be demonstrated by my ability to meet and exceed customer expectations. I can recognize the prime importance of the customer and even anticipate future customer needs. I will always go the extra mile for the customer. I will take responsibility for developing long-term relationships with customers and forge partnerships that contribute to future growth opportunities for both customer and my own organization.”

Decision-maker:

“I can make high-quality decisions based on the information to hand using logic and analytical skills. I use to break complex issues into component parts and can consider the outcomes of varying courses of action. I know how to draw reliable conclusions from disparate and often conflicting sources of data and can make sound decisions in a timely manner.”

Failure is the first step towards seccess.

2015-04-17 06:27:56

Advertisement
Ads By Google

Re: What is Your Greatest Strength?

Board footer