You are not logged in.

#1 2015-04-18 05:47:28

alisiddiqui
Banned

How to Answer Interview Question "Tell Me Something about Yourself ?"

Tips For Answering Interview Question "Tell Me Something about Yourself ?"

An Overview:

The job interview question “Tell Me about Yourself” is known to be the first interview question – A questions asked in every interview right at the very beginning.
The article in the link above is the most popular on the Internet on this topic, so you may want to read it after (or before) reading this article.
The difference is that now, the interviewer wants you to tell him “something” about yourself but s/he’s already received a review of  your profile.
Before, you have already introduced yourself, presented yourself and “sold yourself” quite good, so what does the interviewer really want?

Tell Us Something About Yourself Interview Question And Answer

When an interviewer asks this question, he will want you to further discuss the special key strengths that you possess – S/he will want you to give ‘the solid reason’ to hire you. What’s your advantage over any candidate?
The normal response of many candidates is to review again their experience, skills and qualification. Some wrongly think that this is the time to talk about personal issues, such as: hobbies, interests and family. They miss the target. Avoid talking about things outside of work unless you’re asked to. It’s not wrong to talk about these, but these details wouldn’t impress them. Some candidates get directly to the point!
They reiterate their main strengths, something like a statement: “I’m a very motivated person with good leadership skills and a track record of delivering results.” Great! That’s what the interviewer wants, but this is not enough.
Well, those are just words, aren’t they? Even an inexperience interviewer will not buy your statement unless and until you backup it. Every candidate could claim to be motivated. Even the lazy one.
However, the difference between candidates often lies in the examples one provide to prove his/her competence and support their claim. So, if you would want the employer to consider you as a strong candidate, you must go on to say: “I’m motivated because I have participated many professional courses throughout my career in IT. I have good leadership skills because I was the only manager last year to be rewarded with a bonus, which is something that my reference will testify to. I have a track record of delivering results, such as handling big scale projects,  budgets of x $”.

Providing Examples:

When you provide examples, you make your speech sounds more credible. Rather than simply stating about yourself, such as saying: ‘I believe I’m hard-worker, quick learner etc’, always provide examples to back up your claims.
Remember that examples and success stories will paint a clear/memorable/vivid picture about yourself in the interviewer’s mind. Generalized statements about yourself, will not deliver the right message. Real achievements and factual examples are what differentiate between candidates.

2015-04-18 05:47:28

Advertisement
Ads By Google

Re: How to Answer Interview Question "Tell Me Something about Yourself ?"

\n

Board footer