You are not logged in.

#1 2015-04-24 05:32:16

alisiddiqui
Banned

How to Answer Interview Question "What Is Your Greatest Strength?"

Tips For Answering Interview Question "What Is Your Greatest Strength?"

In Brief:

Though employers are interested in hiring you as a person, they are concentrating on knowing your strengths – those things that you do well and enjoy doing. If you are applying for a position that requires X & Y key skills in a specific area, you should speak in a job interview about your X & Y strengths and tell how they apply to the job.
So what are your greatest/major strengths?
Remember, the interviewer wants to know more about you, especially to know more about your potential qualities to the job. Therefore, the more positive information you give, the stronger you position yourself in the final hiring decision.
Of course, you would not want to sound an obnoxious braggart, but to present your greatest strengths in a confident manner – those skills that are important for the job you’re applying for.

Assess/Identify Your Greatest Strengths And Relate Them To The Job Requirements

One of the first steps you should take as a job candidate is to conduct self assessment. Self-assessment consists of evaluating your key skills, past achievements and professional experience.
You must know what you are good at as a critical step toward being able to clearly communicate your greatest strengths to potential employers. You also want to read carefully the job-description to find out the key skills required for the job.

Translate Your Greatest Strengths Into Job-Related Language Of Benefits Relevant To The Job Needs

For example:

If you are good at presenting/speaking in front of a group, continue your case by telling that it helps you in being a good salesman, influencing people or getting the action you desire from them. This answer is good for people applying for sales position or managerial ones.

What is your greatest strength?

Respond with listing skill sets that are directly related to the job in question. Avoid personal characteristic strengths, such as values or attitudes. Instead, focus on those things you do well and are related to your area of expertise.
Here is an example of a good answer:
My education in [], my experience in [] and my knowledge of the area of [] all will contribute to my performing this position with little or no downtime.
➔ I have the competent to adapt and learn in new work settings and cope with new work situations.
➔ I have a great deal of energy, drive to success and initiative.
➔ I like taking on new challenges
➔ I like working/communicating with different type of people.
➔ I am creative and expressive writer and an organized and fluent speaker.
➔ I have the proven ability to transfer my skills from one job to another. Because of this, I can learn my way around an organization quickly. I can concentrate on motivating and managing the staff, while developing relationships with other employees and clients.
➔ I can find the fastest, most efficient way to get the work done. As a result, I’m able to keep increasing my output while maintaining the quality.

2015-04-24 05:32:16

Advertisement
Ads By Google

Re: How to Answer Interview Question "What Is Your Greatest Strength?"

\n

Board footer