You are not logged in.

#1 2015-05-01 05:11:56

alisiddiqui
Banned

How To Cancel a Job Interview and Reschedule it?

How To Cancel A Job Interview And Reschedule It?

An Overview:

You have an appointment for an interview, but your plans have changed; you cannot keep your appointment. As soon as possible, you must call to cancel and attempt to reschedule. Many people are unaware of the fact that cancelling and re-scheduled an interview is not a simple or automatic process, nor should it be taken lightly.
The interviewer may be annoyed at the change in schedule. Additionally, the company may hire someone else prior to the re-schedule date, and you will have lost out. And surprisingly, managers in one company often know those in another. If you do not handle yourself properly, others may hear of it, ruining your chances with other employees as well.
Thus, you need to cancel appropriately even if you have lost interest in this particular job. The ideal way to cancel an interview is to do so in such a way that the line of communication stays open, and interest in your candidature does not go down.

Warning:

You may think that the interviewer will understand and cooperate with your need to reschedule. Don’t count on it. It is a common trait of human beings to feel ‘disappointed’ and or annoyed at changes, and the extra work it generates.
This article discusses the right way to cancel a job interview and provides two examples of interview cancellation letters/emails.

How Should You Cancel An Interview And Reschedule It?

The two most important aspects of cancelling an interview are time and the mode of communication:

Timing Of Cancellation:

First things first- respect others’ time. Communicate with your contact person as soon as you find out that you need to cancel the interview. It will be rude, and a nearly wasted effort to inform the interviewer 5-10 minutes before the scheduled interview; however, if that is the best you can do, it is worthwhile to do so. Your prompt communication will somewhat compensate for your need to cancel.

Mode Of Communication:

The most preferred ways to communicate on a professional front is via email.. However, please realize that emails are not a guaranteed and error-proof method to rely on. It might happen that the email might not reach the ‘inbox’ of the recruiter due to SPAM FILTERS.
Therefore, in addition to an email message, pick up the phone and speak to the recruiter. If you must leave a message, note the name of the message-taker. This method has the additional benefit of establishing, or increasing the personal connection.

Job Interview Cancellation And Reschedule Interview Example Letter

The following are two samples cancelling-interview via email or letter:

1st Example: Cancelling & rescheduling an interview

Dear [Name of the hiring coordinator]

Due to [xyz], I request the cancellation of my job interview for the job of [position] at [location, department] with [Name].
I would appreciate if you can reschedule the job interview as soon as possible.
Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter.

Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience.

Sincerely,
[Your name]

2nd Example Of Interview Cancellation Letter:

Dear [Name of the hiring coordinator]

I regret that I must cancel our appointment with [job interview] on [Date] with [Name] at your corporate office as [reason].
I would like to reschedule the appointment as soon as possible.

Sincerely,
[Your name]

2015-05-01 05:11:56

Advertisement
Ads By Google

Re: How To Cancel a Job Interview and Reschedule it?

\n
Liked by:

Board footer