You are not logged in.

#1 2012-04-02 06:17:55

Ibraheem
Webmaster
Website

IBM RPG400 Interview Questions And Answers

Mainframes :: IBM RPG400 Job Interview Questions and Answers

IBM RPG400 job interview questions and answers guideline. Lean IBM RPG400 and get preparation for the job of IBM RPG400

1 ► What is importance of MAPFLD IN OPNQRYF FILE?
2 ► How can we know running job is batch or interactive?
3 ► Need a sql query: retrieve all duplicate records in table?
4 ► WHAT IS MENT BY RECORD LEVEL IDENTIFIER?WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THIS?
5 ► If my rpg program has a date field, What extra care I have to take while compiling that RPG program?If the file is keyed and I have declared the file as well as Key list properly in my program. Still am getting an error message like "Chain/reade operation is not allowed" What may be the case?
6 ► Suppose my file has 10 fields and I want to make the 2nd field Zeros in all records. And assume I have millions of records and I dont want to read each record and update the desired field with 0. Any other way to do this in one step operation?
7 ► Assume my file has 100 records and I want to see only first 10 records. Is this possible through LF?
8 ► Suppose I have 3 jobs A B and C. I want to submit B after successful completion of A and want to submit C after successful completion of B. Without using job scheduler or job queue, how can i do that through CL program?
9 ► What is difference between Bind by copy and bind by reference?
10 ► Why we cannot call a service program? If I add a PEP can i call the service program?
11 ► What are the types of identifiers?
12 ► What is file identifier where we can use?
13 ► Explain MDT?
14 ► How can we override a file during runtime in RPG? Without using OVRDBF or calling a CL program?
15 ► What is the length of Signature?
16 ► We have job which is running as batch. it takes atleast 06hours to complete tht job. bu i wanna do tht job with in 3hours?
17 ► How can we search particular records from the database file in RPG. For example, there are 100 records in the  file.i need to retrieve all the records matching/equal to the particular NAME field. How can we do the above using SEARCH criteria other than using the IF cond?
18 ► What is the difference between ITER and DO ? I know both are used to execute set of statements repeatedly, but what is the main difference?
19 ► Errors in Sql query will be in which state?
20 ► This is rpg3 code W0RTN     IFEQ @CN,002    What is the means @CN,002?

2012-04-02 06:17:55

Advertisement
Ads By Google

Re: IBM RPG400 Interview Questions And Answers

\n

Board footer