You are not logged in.

#1 2018-03-22 01:39:37

Ibraheem
Webmaster
Website

86+ Car Repairman Interview Questions And Answers

Technical Car Repairman Job Interview Questions and Answers

Car Repairman job interview preparation guide for freshers, professionals and experienced candidates. Explore list of Car Repairman frequently asked questions(FAQs) extracted from many real job interviews

Explain what Is The Use Of Hydrogen In Automobile?
Do you know what Is Back Compressor In Engines?
Tell us what Is Octane Number And Cetane Number?
Tell me what Will Happen If Someone Adds Oil To The Fuel Of Four Stroke Bike Engine?
Tell us what Is Pitching In The Suspension System?
Do you know how Does The Thermostat Work?
Do you know what Is Bhp? How Can You Measure Bhp?
Tell me what Do You Mean By Independent Suspension?
Tell me does Diesel Engine Powered Automobile Use Unit Pump And Unit Injector?
Tell us why Does A Compression Engine Use High –octane Fuel?
Tell me in A Tractor, How The Hydrostatic Propulsion Systems Work?
Do you know what Is Clutch Drag?
Suppose if We Use Gasoline In Diesel Engine, What Will Happen?
Do you know what Is Kingpin Offset? State Some Of Its Application?
Explain me how Air Conditioners Work In Cars?
The type of friction generally present in an automotive engine is  a. Viscous friction  b. Greasy friction  c. Dry friction
If the connecting rod longer, the side thrust of the piston is  a. Increased  b. Constant  c. Decreased
When we lift a 10 kg weight, 3 metre we would be doing  a. 300 m kg of work  b. 3 m kg of work  c. 30 m kg of work
Which type of valve arrangements require the use of rocket arms?  a. H – head  b. T – head  c. I – head  d. L – head
Engine torque is highest at  a. Low speed  b. Intermediate speed  c. High speed
The compression ratio in a diesel engine is as high as  a. 25:1  b. 20:1  c. 10:1  d. 5:1
The metering rod is designed to vary the size of which jets  a. High speed jets  b. Accelerating jets  c. Float level jets  d. Idle jets
Tell me how much experience do you have working with automobiles?
Tell us what Is The Range Of Engine Efficiency In Case Of Two Stroke Engine?
Tell me what Is Sae? Mention The Importance Of Sae To The Automobile Domain?
Connecting rods are generally of the following from  a. Forged round section steel  b. Cast steel triangular section  c. Forged square section steel  d. Forged I section steel
The compression pressure in diesel engine is around  a. 30 Kg/cm2  b. 10 Kg/cm2  c. 20 Kg/cm2  d. 40 Kg/cm2
The crankcase scavenging the the crankcase or underside of the piston acts as  a. An air compressor  b. A blower  c. A ventilator  d. A breather
The characteristic of an object which makes it resist any tendency to change its direction of motion is  called  a. Inertia  b. Power  c. Internal energy
If compression ratio is increased  a. Thermal efficiency will be increased  b. Volumetric efficiency will be increased  c. Air standard efficiency will be decreased  d. Air standard efficiency will be increased
As the number of cylinders in multi cylinder engines increases the power to weight ratio ………  a. Remains the same  b. Increases  c. Becomes zero  d. Decreases
The temperature of the piston will be more at  a. The piston walls  b. The crown of the piston  c. The skirt of the piston  d. The piston pin
Tell us what Are Mpfi And Tpfc Systems?
Do you know what Is The Size Of The Recommended Compressor Cfm? Where It Can Be Used?
Why do you want to work for our garage as Car Repairman?
The duration of the fuel injection at full load in a diesel engine running at 1800 rpm when it has 200 of  crank travel is  a. 1/600 sec  b. 1/640 sec  c. 1/540 sec  d. 1/530 sec
During compression stroke the air is compressed according to  a. Isothermal process  b. Hyperbolic process  c. Adiabatic process  d. Constant pressure process
For diesel engines the nominal compression ratio is from  a. 17 to 21:1  b. 7.5 to 8.5:1  c. 30 to 40:1  d. 1 to 5:1
In general the design of the current regulator is such that its main actuating winding carries full  a. Generator voltage  b. Generator output  c. Field current  d. Battery voltage
Tell us how do you approach difficult situations with customers and co-workers?
Tell us what Is The Use Of Natural Gas In Automobiles?
Tell us why The Plastic Materials Used In The Screwdriver's Handles?
Tell us during The Drive Torque, What Will Be The Weight Shift?
Explain a time when you made a mistake while repairing a vehicle. How did you handle it?
The two-stroke engine has valve ports in the  a. Pistons  b. Cylinder walls  c. Piston rings
The range of gear ratios in a vehicle depends on  a. The ratio of engine h.p to laden weight of vehicle  b. Max. engine torque / wt. of vehicle  c. Only on the laden weight of vehicle  d. The power to weight ratio of engine
As compression ratio in an engine goes up, the octane requirements of the fuel  a. Goes down  b. Goes up  c. Stay about the same
The maximum pressure of air at the end of compression in diesel engines is about  a. 10 Kg/cm2  b. 100 Kg/cm2  c. 300 Kg/cm2  d. 30 Kg/cm2
The heat is added in the cycle at  a. Constant pressure  b. Constant volume  c. Approximately constant pressure and constant volume
Explain me what Is Dtsi? Why This Technology Is Used In Motor Bikes?
Do you know the Basic Difference Between Bs2 And Bs3 Engine?
Tell me what is the most complicated repair job you’ve handled? What did you learn from it?
The size of intake valve is  a. Smaller than that of the exhaust valve  b. Equal to that of the exhaust valve  c. Larger than that of the exhaust valve  d. Not depending upon the size of exhaust valve
For petrol engines the nominal compression ratio will vary between  a. 1 to 2:1  b. 18 to 21:1  c. 1 to 5:1  d. 7.5 to 8.5:1
Vibration damper ……….  a. controls the torsional vibrations  b. drives the pulley  c. dampens the engine speed  d. reduces the speed of the flywheel
The temperature of the compressed air should be ………….. of the fuel  a. Below the flash point  b. Above the flash point  c. Above the fire point  d. Between the fire and flash point
The turbulence in diesel engines ensures to  a. Increase the volumetric efficiency  b. Increase the compression ratio  c. Bring the fuel quickly in contact with the air  d. Increase the specific fuel consumption
A negative loop in the P.V diagram of an I.C engine is due to  a. Pre ignition in the engine  b. Suction of air for engine  c. Pre opening of the exhaust valve  d. High pressure in the cylinder
Explain how would you prioritize tasks on a busy day and ensure that clients feel supported and valued?
Do you know an Injector Pressure In Heavy Vehicles? Why It Is Used?
Tell me what Are Three Methods Of Heat Transfer?
During suction stroke the pressure inside the cylinder is  a. Equal to atmospheric pressure  b. Above atmospheric pressure  c. Above or below atmospheric pressure  d. Below atmospheric pressure
One of the major causes of FHP in an engine is  a. High speed  b. High volumetric efficiency  c. Piston-ring friction
In a six cylinder engine there is balance of  a. Primary forces only  b. Secondary forces only  c. Both primary and secondary forces
The combustion process in a diesel engine is  a. Constant pressure process  b. Isothermal process  c. Constant volume process  d. Adiabatic process
In ‘V’ type engines the included angle between two banks of cylinders is  a. 450  b. 600  c. 1300  d. 900
Two stoke engine is preferred for small vehicles because  a. Fuel consumption is low  b. Shock and vibrations are less  c. Its size is small  d. It is easy to control
In commercial vehicle layouts engine is located forward, rear or under floor mainly to  a. Better utilization of space  b. Increase fuel economy  c. Better weight distribution  d. Reduce the weight of chassis
Explain me what Is The Reason For Emitting The White Exhaust Smoke During Start Of The Vehicle? How Will You Prevent This?
Explain me how Will You Differentiate Between Two Stroke Engine And Four Stroke Engine?
Tell me the Reason That Why Big Tyres Are Used In Rear Of Vehicles?
Tell me the Reason That Why The Tyres Are Always Black In Colour. Is This Phenomena Related To The Heat Conduction?
Tell me what kind of maintenance must be performed regularly to keep a car in proper working order? Provide the mileage and basic procedures?
Knowing the speed at which an engine is running and the torque it is developing, we can calculate  a. FHP  b. IHP  c. BHP
Comparing a Four wheel drive with Two wheel drive system either at front or rear and assuming an equal division of weight between the two axes  a. From the point of view of traction front wheel drive is better than rear wheel drive  b. Front wheel and rear wheel drive are equal  c. Four wheel drive can always give more traction than either rear or front wheel drive  d. Four wheel drive can utilize all the weight of the vehicle only at a particular road friction
The conventional mechanical type fuel pump develops …………. pressure  a. 0.15 Kg/cm2  b. 1.0 Kg/cm2  c. 0.5 Kg/cm2  d. 0.3 Kg/cm2
Immediately after ignition, combustion chamber temperatures may reach a value of  a. 15000C  b. 55000C  c. 25000C  d. 75000C
The fit of the piston to the cylinder is measured at the  a. Piston skirt  b. Piston head  c. Point of minimum diameter
The maximum pressure of air fuel mixture at the end of compression in petrol engines varies from  a. 10-30 Kg/cm2 b. 30-100 Kg/cm2  c. 6-10 Kg/cm2  d. 100-1000 Kg/cm2
The fuel injected when pressure in the cylinder reaches the point ……….. on the curve  a. 1  b. 2  c. 3  d. 4
The type of air cycle used in diesel engine is called  a. Otto cycle  b. Carnot cycle  c. Diesel cycle  d. Rankine cycle
Explain me what Is Pan Hard Rod Or Track Bar?
Explain me what Is A Pressure Cap In The Radiator?
Tell me the Significance Of Governor In Automobiles?
Explain me what Do You Understand By Cc Of Engine?
Tell me how would your co-workers describe your attention to detail?

Download Car Repairman Job Interview Questions And Answers PDF

2018-03-22 01:39:37

Advertisement
Ads By Google

Re: 86+ Car Repairman Interview Questions And Answers

\n

Board footer