You are not logged in.

#1 2015-03-26 06:23:07

hasnain
Administrator
Website

What Career Is Right For Me?

What Career will Suit me? What Career is best for me?

People looking for a career today have a lot more choices and options as compared to people looking for a job ten years ago.
This article provides some guideline answering the question that concerns many individuals – what type of career will best suite me?

Because of this immense options and choices, sometimes, people get confused as to which career is actually best for them. This confusion sometimes leads to people having jobs or professions that they are not really interested in. This is bad for the company as well as the individual.
For the individual, it ends up as a bitter experience, while for the company, it is just the attrition rate increased without any fault of theirs.
Therefore, before anyone starts a new career, s/he should find out which career is the best for them and which job will suit them.

Abilities/skills:
T
he career that a person would go into will depend on the skills that the individual has.
Not only that, for people who have an interest in a particular career but they do not have the required skills, it also depends on whether the person is determined and inclined enough to learn the skills and then get into the particular profession.
Also, you have to keep in mind the practicality of learning the skills for the career. Sometimes, learning skills is quite expensive, and it is not always necessary that you may make all that you spend on your skills immediately or even in a set time-frame.

Qualifications:
N
o job that does not require any kind of qualifications that good enough to hold on to all your life.
Therefore make sure that you wish to pursue a career that has a set amount of qualifications needed. Without qualifications, there will be no benchmark that will distinguish you from all the others who have an interest in the said career.
Also, make sure that the qualifications that you require for the said career are available abundantly and are not totally impossible to pursue. In fact, qualifications are the only proof you would have that you are really tailored for the job.

Emotional decision & inspiration:
S
ometimes, the best bet is to wait until you deeply figure out all the personal aspects that involve in your career of choice. ‘Getting inspired’ may be a good way to manage the process of a career decision.

Social reasons:
I
n many cases, people select their career out of social reasons like – trends, family pressure or friends influence.
You should clear out unwanted external effects when it comes to your career decisions. You are the one to be responsible for your career choices.

Salary:
Y
ou should not go after a career that you think will earn you the most as a major factor.
Money is obviously not the most important motivation. You will not have a sustainable career if you don’t enjoy the time you spend at your workplace.

Lifestyle and future life
A
job is affected by almost anything that a person does.
The job is affected by the time that the person is accustomed to getting up, or would be comfortable to get up on, to where the career will lead the person in a few years. Therefore, one should think and plan out their future strategy before they opt for a career.
Also, you have to decide what ramifications a particular job may have on your family and future life. If you decide to start a family, it will be very difficult for you to handle a work heavy career with a family life.
Some jobs also create havoc in the social life of a person. If you are a social person, and if you know that your job will not be able to provide you with time for your social life, try to think deeply before you decide on this particular career.

Ambitions:
J
obs are not equal. Some jobs may be well suited for the ones who are very ambitious while some jobs may be suitable for people who are not as ambitious in life as the others are. Therefore, before deciding on a profession or a career, you should make sure for yourself, whether the profession will suit your ambitions or not.

To summarize the subject, the career that will best suite you is the career that fits your abilities.

Last edited by hasnain (2015-03-26 06:43:53)

Failure is the first step towards seccess.

2015-03-26 06:23:07

Advertisement
Ads By Google

Re: What Career Is Right For Me?

\n

Board footer