You are not logged in.

#1 2015-04-02 06:16:13

hasnain
Administrator
Website

what Are Your Salary Expectations

What Are Your Salary Requirements

Focus:

You would be wise not to focus completely on salary expectations during the interview, as you will probably want to know more about the job and consider the other job benefits being offered to you by the company.
However, you may be asked a question about your salary expectation (i.e salary requirements) during an HR interview.
The manner in which you deal with any question, especially a salary issue question, can affect the outcome of the interview, so it is worth being prepared.

Be Prepared:

It is worth being prepared to answer this question wisely because you can, accidentally, make some critical mistakes that will greatly weaken your negotiating power down the road.
First thing, I would like to point out that you should never negotiate a salary in an interview… only after a job offer is made.
You can discuss your expected salary, but in vague terms, in an interview.

Stating Salary Expectations

Respond:

How should you respond to ‘the salary expectation’ question?
In the interview, if the interviewer asks about your salary expectations, you can say something like “well, my salary expectations are $xxx – $xxx.”
If he or she keeps asking “what is your current salary?” you may say “I’m earning $xx right now and I would hope for an increase.”
You reply with a figure or a baseline higher than your current salary.
Refer to the salary requirements article for more details.

Salary Information:

If not offered by the interviewer, should be requested only at the very end of the interview and only in a “curious” tone of voice.
If you want to know the salary range, at the end of the interview you may ask “Could you tell me what the salary range for this position is?”
Don’t leave the employer with the impression that all you are interested in is how much they pay…it’s a guaranteed way to get eliminated from consideration.

Therefore, be careful when you answer salary interview questions – the only time you negotiate salary in the interview is if they offer you the job on the spot.

Failure is the first step towards seccess.

2015-04-02 06:16:13

Advertisement
Ads By Google

Re: what Are Your Salary Expectations

\n

Board footer