You are not logged in.

#1 2015-04-20 05:40:51

alisiddiqui
Banned

How to Answer Interview Question "Why Do You Want To Be a Manager?"

Tips For Answering Interview Question "Why Do You Want To Be a Manager?"

Overview:

If you are planning to apply for a management position, be prepared to answer questions regarding your motivation for being/becoming a manager.

Communicating Your Motivation For Being In A Management Position

Interviewer:

“Why do you want to become a manager?”

Interviewee 1:

“I have attained a bachelor’s degree in Management. The course work gave me the tools to effectively do what has been natural for me in the past – overseeing groups, and getting jobs done with others. With my education and experience, I can do justice to this job by organizing and delegating the responsibilities.”

Interviewee 2:

“I want to be a manager because that is what I have always done. And done well. I have always led and managed teams since childhood. I was captain of the school baseball team, I was a team lead in the National Scouts Team and thus, I believe I have the right mental ability and experience to be a good manager.”
If you look at the two answers, you will realize that both the answers are complete to a certain extent. The first interviewee has stated that he has educational qualification to be a manager but he has not elaborated. The second interviewee has spoken volumes about his abilities and prior experience of handling and managing teams but s/he has not referenced the required educational qualification s. Moreover, neither spoke regarding how they fit in the job profile. Thus, those answers are inappropriate and incomplete.

The Best Answer

Interviewee 3:

“I want to be in a managerial position because I have the born/gained qualities to lead, delegate and coach/direct. I have read the job description and I understand that you require a manger who can successfully manage a team in ‘retail space’ and deliver the targets as well. My professional record, job achievements, education and qualification prove my abilities as a manager. Additionally, I possess the required educational qualification, skill sets and prior experience in a similar capacity. Lastly, I am an extrovert and thus, able to gel well with people be it team members, existing customers or new customers.”
Clearly, interviewee3 has been the most elaborate of all – He has stated that he ‘understands’ the job involvement and he possesses the educational qualification, experience and personal traits to handle the position well.

2015-04-20 05:40:51

Advertisement
Ads By Google

Re: How to Answer Interview Question "Why Do You Want To Be a Manager?"

\n

Board footer