1. Three ladies X, Y and Z marry three men A, B and C. X is married to A, Y is not married to an engineer, Z is not married to a doctor, C is not a doctor and A is a lawyer. Then which of the following statements is correct?
A. Y is married to C who is an engineer
B. Z is married to C who is a doctor
C. X is married to a doctor
D. None of these
None of these
2. There are five books A, B, C, D and E placed on a table. If A is placed below E, C is placed above D, B is placed below A and D is placed above E, then which of the following books touches the surface of the table?
3. If A is the son of Q, Q and Y are sisters, Z is the mother of Y, P is the son of Z, then which of the following statements is correct ?
A. P is the maternal uncle of A
B. P and Y are sisters
C. A and P are cousins
D. None of the above
P is the maternal uncle of A
4. Artists are generally whimsical. Some of them are frustrated. Frustrated people are prone to be drug addicts. Based on these statements which of the following conclusions is true?
A. All frustrated people are drug addicts
B. Some artists may be drug addicts
C. All drug addicts are artists
D. Frustrated people are whimsical
Some artists may be drug addicts
5. In a family there are husband wife, two sons and two daughters. All the ladies were invited to a dinner. Both sons went out to play. Husband did not return from office. Who was at home?
A. Only wife was at home
B. All ladies were at home
C. Only sons were at home
D. No body was at home
No body was at home
7. There are eight poets, namely, A, B, C, D, E, F, G and H in respect of whom questions are being asked in the examination. The first four are ancient poets and the last four are modern poets. The question on ancient and modern poets is being asked in alternate years. Those who like H also like G, those who like D like C also. The examiner who sets question is not likely to ask question on D because he has written an article on him. But he likes D. Last year a question was asked on F. Considering these facts, on whom the question is most likely to be asked this year ?
9. Of the following two statements, both of which cannot be true, but both can also be false. Which are these two statements?
I. All machines make noise
II. Some machines are noisy
III. No machine makes noise
IV. Some machines are not noisy
A. I & II
B. III & IV
C. I & III
D. II & IV
I & III
10. Based on the following statements, which is the correct conclusion drawn.
Only gentlemen can become members of the club. Many of the members of the club are officers. Some of the officers have been invited for dinner.
A. All the members of the club have been invited for dinner
B. Some of the officers are not gentlemen
C. All gentlemen are members of the club
D. Only gentlemen have been invited for dinner
All gentlemen are members of the club