1. You want to create a 30GB native VHD called MySystem.vhd in a folder called Windows 7 on an external USB hard disk with the drive designation H. Which command do you use?
A) Create vdisk file=h:windows7mysystem.vhd maximum=30000
B) Create vdisk file=h:windows7mysystemvhd maximum=30
C) Create vdisk file=h:windows7mysystemvhd.vhd maximum=30
D) Create vdisk file=h:windows7mysystemvhd maximum=30000
Create vdisk file=h:windows7mysystem.vhd maximum=30000.
File size is in MB, specified in the maximum option
Generalize prepares the Windows installation to be imaged. If this option is specified, all unique system information is removed from the Windows installation. The security ID (SID) resets, any system restore points are cleared, and event logs are deleted. The next time the computer starts, the specialize configuration pass runs. A new security ID (SID) is created, and the clock for Windows activation resets, if the clock has not already been reset three times.
3. You are using sysprep to prepare a system for imaging. You want to enable end users to customize their Windows operating system, create user accounts, name the computer, and other tasks. Which sysprep setting should you use?
oobe will restart the computer into Windows Welcome mode
4. By using Sysprep, you may prepare an image to be captured by ImageX. Once you have run Sysprep, you can boot your master computer into the Windows Preinstallation Environment (Windows PE) to capture the image.
Which of the following is FALSE regarding ImageX?
A) You can use only a single compression type for a .wim file. Appended image files must use the same compression type as the initial capture.
B) All of these
C) You can use only formatted Windows image (.wim) files to interact with ImageX
D) You can use ImageX to capture and to apply upgrades to the operating system or applications.
You can use ImageX to capture and to apply upgrades to the operating system or applications.
You can use ImageX ONLYa to capture and to apply a full version of the operating system and software applications
5. You can use ___ to create an answer file that partitions and formats a disk before installing Windows, changes the default setting for the Internet Explorer home page, and configures Windows to boot to Audit mode after installation. By modifying settings in the answer file, it can also install third-party applications, device drivers, language packs, and other updates
What is the missing word from the above sentence?
D) Windows SIM
6. ___ is a lightweight version of Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows Server 2008 R2 that is used for the deployment of workstations and servers. It is intended as a 32-bit or 64-bit replacement for MS-DOS during the installation phase of Windows, and can be booted via PXE, CD-ROM, USB flash drive or hard disk.
Complete the missing word from the statement above:
D) Windows SIM
7. USMT is a tool used for large deployments of Microsoft Windows Vista and Windows 7 operating systems. USMT captures user accounts, including desktop and application settings as well as a user's files. Which of the following scenarios would you NOT use USMT?
A) Side by side migrations
B) Wipe and load migrations
D) All of these
If you are only upgrading your operating system, USMT is not needed.
8. Windows Easy Transfer allows you to transfer data from your old computer to your new one. You can use a number of ways to transfer data including removable media, DVD, network or even the Windows Easy Transfer cable (!). However, which of the following is NOT transferred by Windows Easy Transfer?
B) User accounts
C) Internet settings
D) Email messages and contacts
Programs (applications) are not transferred by Windows Easy Transfer
9. Which of the following tools can you use to determine if the applications, devices and hardware on your computer running Windows Vista are known to have problems with Windows 7?
D) Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor
Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor.
The Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor can examine the configuration of a computer running Windows Vista to determine if any of the applications installed on that computer are known to have compatibility problems with Windows 7.
10. Performing a migration of upgrade to Windows 7 is a pretty straight forward process. However, in which of the following scenarios can you NOT perform an upgrade?
A) Windows XP Pro (x64) to Windows 7 Pro (x64)
B) Windows Vista Business (x86) to Windows 7 Pro (x64)
C) Windows Vista Enterprise (x86) to Windows 7 Enterprise (x64)
D) All of these
All of these.
You can not perform an upgrade in any of these scenarios. Remember XP to Windows 7 must be a migration, also you cannot upgrade from 32 bit to 64 bit.