1. Senior managers in a leading company said that new Japanese investment in India was transforming the car industry and warned that jobs were under threat from Japanese competition. they stated that increasing competition would be coupled with an in evitable downturn in the car market and the recent rise in interest rates which had already hit demand?
some senior managers said that more people will want to buy new cars in the future. (True/False/Can't say)
managers told workers that Japanese workers are taking jobs away from Indian workers in the car industry. (True/False/Can't say)
the managers issued their warning after a rise in interest rates. (True/False/Can't say)
the increased rate of the interest will mean that Japanese firms will cease to operate in this country. (True/False/Can't say)
2. Disease x succeeds lung disease. it may also occur healthy persons the person looks healthier from outside. the number of red blood cells in the blood increased and this leads to thickness of the blood as a result of which blood lacks inside the vessels .the person suffers heart attack. one possible solution is to remove a liter of blood or to control the growth of red blood cells?
lung disease precedes the disease x (True/False/Can't say)
a person who gets heart attack always has disease x (True/False/Can't say)
people suffering from disease x look healthier (True/False/Can't say)
one liter of blood must be removed to cure this (True/False/Can't say)
1>lung disease precedes the disease : False(X succedes(cause) Lung disease)
2> a person who gets heart attack always has disease x :Can't say.
3>people suffering from disease x look healthier : Trueone liter of blood must be removed to cure this : False( we can control growth of red blood by other way)
3. Anyone whose has systematically examined faces will have perceived a preponderance although not a proliferation of asymmetry. whether or not the expression is volitional and self controlled or spontaneous appears to predict facial asymmetry as does the type of emotion protrayed. positive emotions are usually displayed symmetrically although a left sided representation of a negative emotion is more common. posed expressions and negative emotions are less likely to be symmetrically represented?
an angry person is more likely to have a lopsided expression than someone who is smiling (True/False/Can't say)
a deliberately assumed facial expression will always be asymmetrical (True/False/Can't say)
an actor is likely to smile symmetrically when acting more self consciously (True/False/Can't say)
people are likely to have less asymmetric facial expressions than those who are less aware of themselves (True/False/Can't say)
an angry person is more likely to have a lopsided expression than someone who is smiling (True)
a deliberately assumed facial expression will always be asymmetrical (True)
an actor is likely to smile symmetrically when acting more self consciously (False: cos deliberate expressions tend to be assymetrical)
people are likely to have less asymmetric facial expressions than those who are less aware of themselves (Can't say)
4. A weed killer to kill the weeds has been developed. the weed killer solution has to be applied to the growing tips. it need not to be applied to all the tips. the solution has to be prepared in a can in one hand and the plants are taken in the other hand with a glove and are immersed in the solution if we cannot immerse them in the solution the solution can be applied to the roots with a brush. it used without care it can pose danger to other plants?
the solutions has to applied to growing leaves (True/False/Can't say)
to use the weed killer first take the plants in the can as then pour the solution into it.(True/False/Can't say)
it is sufficient to apply it only to some roots (True/False/Can't say)
it effects to the other plants. (True/False/Can't say)
1> False: comment : It is applied to the roots of the plants.Line no 3:if we cannot immerse them in the solution the solution can be applied to the roots with a brush.
2>False Because solution is dangerous.it is applied to roots only not to leaves, otherwise it will damage to plant..
3>False It will effect to other plants only when it is not handled properl.
5. Researchers in Mumbai have found that certain types of gallstones can be dissolved by injecting them with a gasoline additive in the form of ether. The ether is injected through a tube directly into a tube directly into the gallbladder. the one day treatment works only on cholesterol-based stones. Not those composed largely of calcium. however as the cholesterol stones are by far the most common type for millions of gallstones sufferers the treatment should offer a welcome alternative to surgery (the most common option in most hospitals)?
injecting ether into the gallbladder dissolves most gallstones (True/False/Can't say)
surgery is the only treatment for calcium stones (True/False/Can't say)
hundreds of people contains calcium stones (True/False/Can't say)
calcium stones will be cured in one day (True/False/Can't say)
3) Can't Say
6. Words in totalitarian systems have an unhealthy importance and in such states now attempting to return to a more democratic normality there has been a natural inevitable and healthy devaluation of words whereas previously a single word used in a speech or even a play or poem could be a serious political event now the words come cheaper almost free. Politics is politics again and poetry only poetry?
Totalitarian state devalue words (True/False/Can't say)
Only non-totalitarian regimes produce poetry of political importance (True/False/Can't say)
Writers under totalitarian regimes have to choose their words carefully (True/False/Can't say)
The democratic political system is healthier than others (True/False/Can't say)
Totalitarian state devalue words -true
Only non-totalitarian regimes produce poetry of political importance-false
Writers under totalitarian regimes have to choose their words carefully-True
The democratic political system is healthier than others -True
7. Hacking is a crime made possible by a relatively new technology, which one of the reasons it is often poorly understood and reported. Many computers, but no means all, are now linked together in networks which allow users on one computer to communicate with others on the same network. If a computer is not networked, no manipulation of its data from another machine is possible. So long as users are authorized, networking is just a way of making work easier and more productive. Hacking on the other hand, is the unauthorized use of networks or unauthorized entity into the computers themselves. Most people do not need to break into the networks they use, since they are already accredited users?
Most hackers are authorized to break into networks (True/False/Can't say)
Computers are only vulnerable to the unauthorized manipulation of their data via another computer if they are networked (True/False/Can't say)
The main reason why it is relatively easy to break into a computer is that few people understand the technology. (True/False/Can't say)
Hackers do not work for the firms whose networks they break into. (True/False/Can't say)
8. Although invaders represent a threat to the conservation of flora and fauna, there are two special cases in which invasion have been deliberately brought about. One is the desire to control presents by natural predators, which may have to be brought in from other countries. The second is releasing organisms into the wild(or on to farms, from which they might escape)that are completely novel, because they have been genetically engineered. There is nothing intrinsically sinister about engineered organisms, but any novelty must be regarded as a potential invader?
Pest control does not threat the conservation of flora and fauna. (True/False/Can't say)
Genetically engineered organisms must always be regarded as potentially dangerous. (True/False/Can't say)
Natural predators are work harmful than pests. (True/False/Can't say)
Genetically engineered organisms escaped from the farm, they will pose a threat to wildlife. (True/False/Can't say)
9. Every form of art is protected by copyright, upon the expiration of which the property passes into the public domain and becomes freely available to any one wishing to exploit it commercially. The time has come when all treasures should pass to the controlled of a trust, and by this made readily available to anyone on payment of a fee or royalty. The income from the works of Tagore would alone be enarmous. These who now main financialbenifit from his genius should make some contribution to the welfare of the arts in general?
10. Statistics show that millions of vehicles have been carried by shuttle over the past 30 years through alpine tunnels without one ever catching tire. In the alpine tunnels. Drivers and passengers sit in their vehicles on the shuttle trains. Only one vehicle has ever caught fire on the busy French monorail equivalent system. This sort of accidents is not possible in a closed shuttle. Assertions that a vehicle fire will lead to catastrophe have no basis. since the resources exit do detect, control and extinguish a fire and to remove any persons present safely to an adjoining wagon, leaving any surviving fire facing rapid extinction within a wagon built to contain fire for 30 minutes. Catastrophe seems very unlikely?
If a car caught fire in a rail shuttle, probably none would be killed. (True/False/Can't say)
At least one vehicle has caught fire in an alpine tunnel.(True/False/Can't say)
If a fire started in a wagon, it would be allowed to burn itself out in 30 minutes. (True/False/Can't say)
If would theoretically be possible for a car to catch fire in a closed shuttle system. (True/False/Can't say)
False(..without even one catching fire)
11. In the past helicopters are forced to ground or crash because of the formation of the ice on the rotors and engines. A new electronic device has been developed which can detect the water content in the atmosphere and warns the pilot if the temperature is below freezing temp about the formation of the ice on the rotors and wings?
the electronic device can avoid formation of the ice on the wings (True/False/Can't Say)
There will be the malfunction of rotor & engine because of formation of ice (True/False/Can't Say)
The helicopters are to be crashed or down (True/False/Can't Say)
There is only one device that warn about the formation of ice (True/False/Can't Say)
1.False (The e device is onli used to detect, does not avoid the formation of ice )
2.True (That is why they were not allowed to fly )
4. Can't say (There may be many other devices also)
12. Copernicus is the intelligent. In the days of Copernicus the transport and technology development was less & it took place weeks to communicate a message at that time. Where in we can send it through satellite with in no time. Even with these fast developments it has become difficult to understand each other
People were not intelligent during Copernicus days (True/False/Can't Say)
Transport facilities are very much improved in now a days (True/False/Can't Say)
Even with the fast developments of the technology we can't live happily.(True/False/Can't Say)
We can understand the people very much with the development of communication (True/False/Can't Say)
(i) Can't say (because, the statement does not say anything about the people of copernicus days)
(iii) Can't say
13. My father has no brothers. He has three sisters who have two childs each.
my grandfather has two sons (True/False/Cant Say)
three of my aunts have two sons (True/False/Cant Say)
my father is only child to his father (True/False/Cant Say)
I have six cousins from my mother side (True/False/Cant Say)
I have one uncle (True/False/Cant Say)
my grandfather has two sons (True/False/Can't Say)
three of my aunts have two sons (True/False/Can't Say)
my father is only child to his father (True/False/Can't Say)
I have six cousins from my mother side (True/False/Can't Say)
I have one uncle (True/False/Can't Say)
14. Confucius said that to know the future we have to understand the past his time transport ,communications and scientific knowledge were less developed than they are today. News took weeks to travel where as today satellite links connect the continents virtually instantaneously. But our technological advances in the field of communications seem not to have improved our capacity to understand one another?
in Confucius day people were more intelligent (True/False/Can't say)
We understand each other better now than in Confucius time because we can travel more quickly (True/False/Can't say)
We have made great improvements in transport since Confucius day (True/False/Can't say)
None of our scientific discoveries has really improved our lives (True/False/Can't say)
1.true(bcoz it represents todays life)
2. false(eventhough we improved in technology yet we not improved in understanding)
3.true(transport has been improved today)
4.true(they improved in transport but not improved our understandability of people)
15. There should be copyright for all arts. The reele has came that all the arts has come under one copy right society,they were use the money that come from the arts for the developments . There may be a lot of money will come from the Tagore works. We have to ask the benifiters from Tagore work to help for the development of his works?
Tagore works are came under this copy right rule.(True/False/Can't Say)
People are free to go to thebecause of the copy right rule.(True/False/Can't Say)
People gives to theater and collect the money for development.(True/False/Can't Say)
We haveask the Tagore resedents to help for the developments of art.(True/False/Can't Say)
A : True
B : Cant say (as it is not mentioned)
C : Cant say (as it is not said but but not wrong)
E : True
16. Hacking is illegal entry into other computer. This is done mostly because of lack of knowledge of computer networking with networks one machine can access to another machine. Hacking go about without knowing that each network is accredited to use network facility?
Hacking people never break the code of the company which they work for (True/False/Can't Say)
Hacking is the only vulnerability of the computers for the usage of the data.(True/False/Can't Say)
Hacking is done mostly due to the lack of computer knowledge (True/False/Can't Say)
1) Can't Say
17. Ether injected into gallbladder to dissolve gallstones. This type one-day treatment is enough for gallstones not for calcium stones. This method is alternative to surgery for millions of people who are suffering from this disease?
calcium stones can be cured in one day (True/False/Can't Say)
hundreds of people contains calcium stones(True/False/Can't Say)
surgery is the only treatment to calcium stones(True/False/Can't Say)
ether will be injected into the gallbladder to cure the cholesterol based gall stones (True/False/Can't Say)
1) Can't say
2) Can't say
3) Can't say
18. Alpine tunnels are closed tunnels. In the past 30 yrs not even a single accident has been recorded for there is one accident in the railroad system. Even in case of a fire accident it is possible to shift the passengers into adjacent wagons and even the living fire can be detected and extinguished with in the duration of 30 min?
no accident can occur in the closed tunnels (True/False/Can't Say)
fire is allowed to live for 30 min.(True/False/Can't Say)
All the care that travel in the tunnels will be carried by rail shutters.(True/False/Can't Say)
1) Can't say (bz it is said that no accident has been recoreded bt it does not mean that noaccident can occur. It can occur, there is a possibility of it.)
2) True (bz it is said that fire can be extinguished in 30 minutes.)
3) Can't say (bz nothins is said about rail shutters)
19. Electronics technology is coming to the rescue of helicopters which can be grounded or crash in icy conditions the machines are especially vulnerable to the build up of ice on both their rotors and engine air intake when operating in cold damp conditions. the problem is 2 fold ice increases the weight and the build up makes the aerofoils less efficient .now at last a detector has been devised which the company hopes will means after flights and less frequent grounding. unlike most devices in use at present it can detect the liquid water content of cloud above freezing level. so the warning is given before the potential hazard is encountered?
an electronic device has been invented which will prevent he build up of ice on helicopter rotors (True/False/Can't say)
helicopters are sometimes grounded because in cold damp weather their engine air intakes and rotors malfunction owing to the formation of ice. (True/False/Can't say)
only one device can at present detect the liquid water content of cloud above freezing level (True/False/Can't say)
in future fewer helicopters will crash or have to grounded (True/False/Can't say)
3. can't say
4. can't say
20. Organizing the home can be perceived as conferring power so large numbers of women are unwilling to let go of chores, even when they have careers. a survey found that, out of 65 new marriages not one single wife expected her husband to share work equally. according to the family policy studies center 81% working wives return home to do all the cooking. The average male has nearly half as much more free time at weekends than his wife and the typical new father spends just 37 seconds a day talking to his baby?
most working wives do not expect their husbands to share chores equally. (True/False/Can't say)
the average wife has half as much free time at weekends as her husband. (True/False/Can't say)
some women collude in the unequal distribution of house hold work because they want to retain control (True/False/Can't say)
39% of all men with working wives do the cooking and all the cleaning (True/False/Can't say)
Yes (so large numbers of women are unwilling to let go of chores)
No, the reverse is true
Cant say, there is no mention of collusion
21. The purpose of the proposed law requiring a doctors prescription for obtaining hypodermic needles is to lower the incidence of drug-related deaths, both accidental and intentional, involving hypodermic needles. But even knitting needles can be lethal if they fall into the wrong hands; yet everyone would agree that imposing legal restrictions on obtaining knitting needles would be preposterous. Hence the proposed law involving hypodermic makes no sense and should not be enacted.
Which of the following, it true, would provide most support for the argument above?
(A) Knitting needles have been known to cause injury and death.
(B) The benefits of hypodermic needles outweigh those of knitting needles.
(C) The proposed law would not deter the sort of activity known to result in drug-related deaths.
(D) The proposed law could not be effectively enforced.
(E) Knitting needles are not readily available to anybody who wants to obtain them.
(C) The proposed law would not deter the sort of activity known to result in drug-related deaths.
Agra is 4 letter word
Delhi is 5 letter word
Jaipur is 6 letter word
& they are asking for PURI.. which is again 4 letter word, so answer should be same as that of Agra i.e 1310.
23. In the survey conducted in Mumbai out of 63 newly married house wives not a single house wife felt that the husbands should take equal part in the household work as they felt they loose their power over their husbands. In spite of their careers they opt to do the kitchen work themselves after coming back to home. The wives get half as much leisure time as the husbands get at the weekends
housewives want the husbands to take part equally in the household (True/False/Can't Say)
wives have half as much leisure time as the husbands have (True/False/Can't Say)
39% of the men will work equally in the house in cleaning and washing (True/False/Can't Say)
3. can't say
To take 1 socks prob is 5/10=.5
To take next one pro is 4/9
Total prob is 17/18
25. A sheet of paper has statements numbered from 1 to 40 for all values of n from 1 to 40, statement n says: exactly n of the statements on this sheet are false." which statements are true and which are false?
(a) all statements are false
(b) the odd no. statements are true and even are false
(c) the 39 th statement is true and the rest are false
(d) the even no. are true and odd No. are false
Half of the values will be true and other will be false
t represent true, f represent false, compare it ti boolean logic complementing each time
2) t f
3) f t f
4) t f t f
5)f t f t f
20)t f t f t f t f t f t f t f t f t f t f
26. Senior managers warned the workers that because of the introductory of Japanese industry in the car market. There is the threat to the workers. They also said that there will be the reduction in the purchase of the sales of car in public. The interest rates of the car will be increased with the loss in demand?
Japanese workers are taking over the jobs of Indian industry (True/False/Can't Say)
managers said car interests will go down after seeing the raise in interest rates (True/False/Can't Say)
Japanese investments are ceasing to end in the car industry (True/False/Can't Say)
people are very much interested to buy the cars (True/False/Can't Say)
27. In the totalitarian days, the words have very much devalued. In the present day, they are becoming domestic that is the words will be much more devalued. In those days, the words will be very much affected in political area. But at present, the words came very cheap. We can say they come free at cost?
totalitarian society words are devalued.(True/False/Can't Say).
totalitarian will have to come much about words (True/False/Can't Say).
The art totalitarian society the words are used for the political speeches (True/False/Can't Say)
28. A star fire engine has been designed to work only for unleaded petrol. this crossfire engine is designed for both 1500 and `1800 cc. they internally and externally look alike except for the difference in wheels. 2000 cc is different from the above two in terms of 3 features on the bumper?
the engine runs only on the leaded petrol (True/False/Can't say)
1500 and 1800 cc look alike (True/False/Can't say)
internal structure of the 2000cc is same as that of both 1500 and 1800 cc (True/False/Can't say)
1> False; because it can be runs on leaded as well as unleaded.
2> False : difference in wheels differ them.