Microsoft Office Questions and Answers
Microsoft Office Questions and Answers: Submit Your Question
1. Make sure that Click and Type is turned on: Choose Options from the Tools menu, click the Edit tab, select the Enable click and type check box, and then click OK.
2. Switch to Print Layout view or Web Layout (on the View menu or use the little toolbar in the lower left corner of the screen).
3. In the document, move the pointer to a blank area where you want to insert text, graphics, or a table.
4. Click to enable the Click and Type pointer.
5. The pointer shape indicates how the item will be aligned (left, center, or right, depending on where you place the pointer).
6. Double-click, and then start typing text or insert an item as usual.
|Is This Answer Correct?||5 Yes||4 No|
Note: If you are an experienced Word user, you may find Word's behavior annoying if you enable either of these features. For example, if you press the Delete key to delete a block of text, you have to confirm the delete by pressing the Y key (similar to what happens in WordPerfect when you delete a block of text).
|Is This Answer Correct?||6 Yes||1 No|
1. Insert your Office or Word CD #1.
2. Setup may start automatically when you insert the CD; if not, choose Start > Run > Browse (on the Windows Taskbar) then locate the CD and double-click on setup.exe.
3. Choose Add or Remove Features.
If you're not familiar with the Microsoft Office install/update procedure, click the Help button before you go on to the next step and read the Help screen.
4. Open the Converters and Filters list.
5. Open the Text Converters list.
6. Choose WordPerfect 6.x Converter, and select Run from My Computer.
7. Open the Graphics Filters list.
8. Choose WordPerfect Graphics Filters, and select Run from My Computer.
9. Click on the Update Now button.
You can also install more text converters and graphics filters by choosing the items you want from the Text Converters and Graphics Filters lists before you click the Update Now button. If you want to simply install all of the available text converters and graphics filters, choose Run from My Computer at step 4 above, instead of selecting particular items from the lists.
|Is This Answer Correct?||3 Yes||0 No|
|Is This Answer Correct?||4 Yes||2 No|
2. In the Save as type box, select the file type you want to use.
If you're not sure what file type will work (such as when you are sending a document to someone else) choose Rich Text Format (*.rtf) or WordPerfect 5.1 for DOS (*.doc). All recent word processing programs for Windows or Macintosh can read either of these formats. However, the conversion is sometimes not perfect and any formatting Word cannot convert will be discarded.
|Is This Answer Correct?||4 Yes||0 No|