The services that are provided by Virtual Iron include:
• Full stack management: is provided for virtual and physical servers that gives dynamic virtualization facilities to the users
• Simplification in terms of deployment and installation. It allows more simplification to configuration for physical servers.
• Highly available platform to host different operating system and provide different applications to run on the system.
• Dynamic virtualization management software that allows user to manage the virtualization software according to their requirements. It includes performance increment, power, optimization, etc.
VI-center is a new addition in enterprise edition of Virtual Iron. It includes easy to use features like management tools to provide the user to manage the virtual machines, create it and removes it according to user's requirements. It provides automating and dynamic features. It gives dynamic performance, capacity, power, and resource management tools to let the user configure the settings for his tasks.
Virtual iron can virtualize data center resources like CPU, memory, storage, etc. to develop an infrastructure that is virtual to the outside world. This infrastructure is being accessed by the web based console that can easily be deployed, used and managed by the user. It also virtualizes the platform to run more than one operating system and sets up the communication between them. It manages the load balancing and offline server maintenance without downtime.
Virtual Iron a virtualization platform provides lots of facilities like configuration of physical server in an easy way without the need of much workforce. Converting a physical server into multiple virtual servers and dividing the load of one server to many other servers. Provide scalability on demand and scale the capacity according to the user's demand. Reduce the cost of installing additional servers.
Management solution of Virtual Iron offers large virtual computer power with a virtualization platform that supports 32 concurrently running servers. It provides the management solutions to manage workloads for physical servers that are running and providing the resources to the user in real time situations. It also provide on demand resources like hardware resources or software applications to the user.
Virtual Iron provides dynamic server virtualization with virtual machine management capabilities. It allows easy to use features for the users. The enterprise edition includes the VI-Center that gives centralized management services that can be used on each host to provide it to many virtual machines. Virtual iron supports both windows and Linux operating system to give the user wide range of operating system to choose from.
Virtual iron supports full virtualization that requires hardware virtualization. It allow the users to add guest operating system unmodified and have better hardware performances. Virtual Iron focuses on increasing the performance and flexibility of the hardware to provide the resources to the user at large amount and allow user to modify and customize according to his requirements.
• Para-virtualization requires the guest operating system to run on a host operating system, it allows higher performance and efficiency, whereas native virtualization allow the user to fully virtualize the system by running an operating system that acts as a virtualized platform on which applications can run.
• Para-virtualization give partial virtualization to the application and hardware, like vmware, virtual box, etc. whereas native virtualization allow the hardware to be virtualized and the application can directly run on that hardware.
Virtual Iron consists of quick and seamless technologies provided by Oracle. It delivers the products that are unique in features. It provides functionalities like deploy manage and support for many virtual machines environment. It allows the user to use the services that are easy to use with step to step guide and allow full virtualization to be done to communicate between different operating systems.
There are several deployment management issues that are related to Virtual Iron like:
• Server consolidation: is an issue as it doesn't allow high level of consolidation to be done with the virtualization platform.
• Server load balancing: is an issue as it allows only few load on the server be balanced and doesn't allow the hardware to be allocated to many resources.
• Dynamic capacity management: it is an issue as it allows only low level of dynamic capacity management and doesn't allow the scaling to be possible.
• Disaster recovery: it performs low level of disaster recovery and most of the time the whole system has to be recovered by this way.