1. What is personal protective equipment?
It is an equipment used to project the person from hazards such dust, dirt, fumes and sparks etc. It is the barrier between hazard and person.
2. Tell me what are cause of road accident?
1. Not following defensive arriving techniques
2. Not observing lane displine
3. Overtaking on turns or from wrong side
4. Not obey traffic signals
5. Poor road condition
6. Poor maintained vehicle
3. Explain what is safety audit?
The safety audit is the process that identifies un-safe conditions and unsafe acts the plant and recommended safety improvement. Walk through It evaluates the unsafe condition notice able to naked eye during work through the plant. ( Stores, civil work, erection work) Inter mediate-more details study and review of plant design and plant operation. Comprehensive –It evaluates the safety factors in the plant on the base engineering, analysis, testing, measurement.
4. Tell me what are belongs to road safety?
1. The speed limits displayed along the road should be strictly
2. Short cuts and cutting across the corners should be avoid
3. No body should try to cross the level crossing when drop gates are closed
4. Signal given blocking the road ‘ stop' look, listen and proceed should be followed.
5. Do you know what is safety tag?
Safety tag can be defined a surface made of card board or paper board on which English local languages letters written for warning safety instructions to employees.
6. Explain about vehicles and plants?
☛ 1. All vehicles requiring security vehicles pass
☛ 2. All drivers should have valid driving licence
☛ 3. Drivers should not use fork lift trucks for carrying passengers
☛ 4. All traffic regulations and speed limit should be strictly followed in side the plant area
☛ 5. All vehicles area in a road worthy condition
☛ 6. Vehicles park in the operation area must always unlocked with in ignition key in position
7. Explain how many types inspection?
☛ There are 5 types inspection ; pressures of boilers( supervisor)
☛ 1. Continuous inspection – select employees / operator
☛ 2. Periodical Inspection – material storage, fire fighting equipments, handling equipments
☛ 3. Intermittent inspection – un announced inspection done by safety officer, safety committee. ( Particular work spot)
☛ 4. Statutory inspection – storage area, location at height ( cranes, ropes, chains, it my tackles inspection)
☛ 5. Special inspection – accident investigation
☛ 6. Inspection of new building, general lighting, use of PPE's etc. construction work.
8. Explain me safety rules insuring oxygen cylinders?
☛ 1. Oxygen cylinders should not be kept near combustible materials.
☛ 2. Oxygen cylinders should not be handled with grassy hands or gloves.
☛ 3. Oxygen cylinders and their fittings should not be tested with oil based soap solution.
☛ 4. Oxygen cylinders and other combustible gas cylinders should not be stored together.
☛ 5. The top cover of the cylinder should be kept in position and screwed safety when not in use.
☛ 6. Cylinders should not be used as rollers for moving materials
☛ 7. Oxygen must not be use for ventilating confined spaces.
9. Explain me what is the precaution for gas cutting?
☛ 1. Keep fire extinguisher nearby
☛ 2. Keep fire watch near by
☛ 3. Remove all combustible from work area
☛ 4. Use all necessary PPE
☛ 5. Never put welding gas cylinder in side a confined space
☛ 6. Hoses shall not be laid in path ways
☛ 7. Gas cutting torch should have flash back arrestors
☛ 8. Gas test to be done to check for presence of flammable gas in site.
☛ 9. Good house keeping and ventilation necessary in working area.
☛ 10. Hose connections should be made properly
10. Do you know what are belongs to un hygienic working environment?
☛ Presence of toxic,
☛ High temp.
☛ Excessive noise
☛ Emission of radiation
☛ Improper lighting
☛ Improper ventilation
☛ Process involving handling of poisonous.