1. What is another name for Vitamin C?
2. What is the organ that produces cows milk called?
Udder Dairy Sample Questions from “Animals In Pursuit”
3. What type of bedding is recommended for groups of calves?
Straw, corn cobs, sawdust, chopped corn stalks, shavings
4. What are two important sire selection tools?
Predicted Difference and repeatability
5. What are the tiny cells in a cows udder called?
Alveoli or Alveolus
6. Urea should not be fed to a calf until it is how old?
3-4 months old
7. What are two types of culling in a dairy herd?
Forced culling (health) and choice culling (dairyman chooses)
8. What piece of equipment may be used to trip a cows hooves?
Hoof trimmer, nipper, hoof knife, chisel and mallet
10. Milk that has all the water removed is called what?
Powdered milk or dry milk