1. Do you know what is 2 phase motor?
A two phase motor is a motor with the the starting winding and the running winding have a phase split. e.g;ac servo motor.where the auxiliary winding and the control winding have a phase split of 90 degree.
2. Tell me what is the role of a Commutator?
The function of commutator is to facilitate the collection of current from armature conductors. It converts the alternating current induce in the armature conductors into unidirectional current in the external load circuit.
3. Do you know what is ACSR cable and where we use it?
ACSR means Aluminium conductor steel reinforced, this conductor is used in transmission & distribution.
4. Tell me why do we use compensation windings?
Compensation windings are used to neutralize the cross magnetizing effect of armature reaction.
5. Explain me how important is safety to you?
Safety comes first to me. If a safe environment is ensure inside the factory area, productivity will definitely increase proportionately as workers will get a comfortable place to work in.
6. Tell us when is the auto-relight function activated?
Whenever an engine is at or below idle with the fuel control switch in RUN. FCOM 1 70.20.8
7. Tell us why are you the best power plant operator for us?
Say them about your skills and the experience you have in this field. Say them that your resourceful knowledge can prove as an asset for the company.
8. Tell me do you remember your steam tables?
They measure pressure through temperature, volume of water and steam and amount of energy used by water during vaporization and vice versa.
9. Tell me how many ignitors are used for in flight starting?
Dual ignitors are always used for in flight starts. FCOM 1 70.20.8
10. Tell me why do you want a career as a Power Plant Operator?
Beeing an Engineer, I have to serve my nation with my engineering skills, with out the power nothing we achieved so I choosed this as my career.