Refer to your strengths such as planning and organizing, analyzing and problem-solving. Support your answer with specific examples of how you used these strengths to contribute to the team. What special role did you play and how was your contribution received by the team?
Give specific examples of why this position and company excite you. Refer to the positives you have learned about the organization and the job from this group interview process. Think about how you can prove your passion and interest for the position. Why would you prefer to work for this company rather than their competitors? Use your background research to prepare for group interview questions like this.
I have worked as part of a team on a number of projects and received positive feedback about my role and contribution. Particular mention was made of my ability to initiate new ways of looking at the challenges and problems and then encouraging contributions from other team members.
They describe me as dependable, probably because I always meet my deadlines." or "They consider me highly adaptable, I am able to work effectively with very diverse people. My last department consisted of ......
Dress and act professionally during the interview. With the panel format, you also have to prepare resume and portfolio materials for all the members of the panel.
Consider realistically the opportunities available in this organization. Refer to what you will learn in this position and how this fits in with your personal development plan.
Tailor your goals to the realities of this position and company. Don't offer specific job titles or time frames. Focus on types of experiences you hope to gain and the abilities you want to develop.
Personal group interview questions designed to get to know you as an individual may be asked on a one-to-one basis during the group interview process.
Avoid just repeating what is on your resume. Focus on highlighting your skills in a positive and job-relevant way. Try to set yourself apart from the other candidates as the most suitable person for the job. You need to think about the job requirements and emphasize your fit with these needs. You can mention observations others have made about your strengths and abilities to reinforce your answer.
Describe the specific steps you took to remain calm and controlled. Focus on skills such as planning, flexibility, communication and discipline.
Refer to the positive reactions your experienced from other team members. Support your perception of how you came across with examples of observations or remarks made by the team.
Refer to the reasons why things did not go according to plan, give specific examples. Demonstrate that you have been able to realistically analyze the situation and explain what you would have done, with hindsight, to improve the situation and deal with the problems the team experienced. Show an ability to offer solutions, not just to point out the problems.
Refer to aspects such as the good use of available resources, the management of obstacles, successful team communication, use of initiative and support and encouragement of each other. Focus on the approach the team took and acknowledge the contributions of individual members.
As the question states you need to express about your technical expertise and yourself. Explain to him about everything present in your resume and also your project in detail.
This question is asking you about your passion. Be honest and detail as much as possible. Try not to bluff the panel.
This is an important question because it is asking about the details present in your hobbies. Be honest and detail as much as you know. Try not to bluff the panel because they know much more than you.
Interview questions asked in the panel will be almost similar to the ones which are asked in in-person interview.
General topic of interest such as
► Whether open source is beneficial or a proprietary source
► Will Commodities trading benefit for economy or is it increasing prices.
► Graduates entering into BPOs rather than their main stream.
► Delivery (speed), quality, efficiency, etc which one is important, etc.
1) Take multiple copies of resume which you might need to distribute to the panel before the interview.
2) Shake hands with the panel which shows you about the confidence to approach your superiors in handling tasks.
3) Thank the panel before answering the question because they gave you a chance to speak.
4) When somebody from the panel asks you a question look at them before giving an answer and then maintain eye contact with every one in the panel which gives them the urge to know more about you and the interview in general.
5) When finishing the answer make sure that you finish it by looking at the person who asked you.
6) When it's your turn to ask a question direct it to a specific person and maintain an eye contact.
1) Interpersonal communication skills.
2) Communication skills.
3) Teamwork, leadership, stress management, persuasion, leadership, etc.
Some of the additional skills which are observed are: -
1) Stress management, planning and improvisation.
2) The way you handle criticism and resolve issue at hand.
3) Most importantly they will be testing the way you handle knowledge.
1) Do enough research about the company and the job position which you are applying to.
2) Make sure you are prepared for the technical and non technical questions.
3) Have some meaningful questions to ask the group and the interviewer about the company and in general.
4) Always remember that some candidates come unprepared so it is always better to stand out and ask questions.
5) Do some logical thinking exercises which will help you during the interview process because some companies conduct logical thinking exercises after the interview session.
6) During the process of logical thinking a group will be split into different sub groups and they will be presented with a case sheet. As per the logic you need to solve the problem presented before you with your team mates. In certain instances you may need to describe the way you approached to the solution along with your batch mates. Also be prepared to explain to the interviewer in person.
1) Clothing and body language.
2) Communication and interaction skills are very important from the employer perspective because you would be using those skills while working with colleagues.
3) Importantly participation and management skills.
In the first one group of candidates are given various questions, topics, etc to discuss about often when required interviewer steps into. He might not be present physically but he observes the group and records the process.
Companies initially have a group interview session to determine whether a candidate is suitable for an in-person interview session thereby avoiding costs and saving time. This is also a sort of group elimination technique used by the companies. Candidates will have greater chance to prove themselves at the initial phase about their qualities and strengths.
Both of them get benefited from the situation. This process helps the candidate to know more about the company and the interviewer will have a better chance to know about the communication skills, team play, management skills, ideas, IQ, etc.